We’re looking for a Senior Art Lead to join our team at Hypixel Studios, which collaborates remotely from around the world. Our members range from industry newcomers to experts with 25+ years of experience. Team members come from a diverse set of backgrounds, but share a common passion for building polished player-focused, community-powered games.
Join us on our mission to bring players together in an inviting, immersive world where they can make their mark. Hytale empowers creative expression across a spectrum of experiences including sandbox adventure, social play, minigames, and creativity using a suite of powerful and accessible tools.
As a Senior Art Lead on the Hytale team, you will manage a small team of 3D and Concept Artists, while helping to define a 3D Art workflow and pipeline with our Art Manager and Art Director. You will also use your knowledge and experience to coach and mentor artists and continually improve the creative environment and quality of communication across the team.
Who you are:
- An emotionally intelligent manager
- An excellent communicator; you provide clear written and verbal feedback and are comfortable presenting your ideas to small groups of people
- A 3D Artist who has experience working in Non-Photorealistic art styles
- An artist who can sketch and paint (digitally)
- A mentor of others; a leader who is enthusiastic to help artists grow
Some of your role:
- Partnering with the Art Manager to strategize career development for 3D Artists of various levels of experience
- Take aesthetic feedback from the Art Director and turn it into action items for a team of 3D Artists
- Work closely with other creative disciplines to ensure our art pipeline efficiently supports our visual and experience needs
- Partner with creative leaders and production to develop execution on both mid and long-term plans
- Portfolio demonstrating a background in making high quality 2D/3D Art
- 5+ years of experience in managing and developing artists
- Understanding of art principles and of current content creation tools such as Blender, Maya and Photoshop.
- Pixel art skills
- Experience in Animation, VFX, or Graphic Design
We can offer:
- Competitive salary
- Annual Performance Bonus (APB)
- Quality of Life increases
- Christmas closure
- A chance to work on a new game project with an extremely motivated team
- Opportunities to learn and grow personally and professionally
- A stable and secure work environment
- The ability to work remotely
We’re looking for applicants who are self-driven, put players first, and that have a history of making cool stuff. In return, we can offer an environment that values and supports individual creativity and passion and believes in fostering new talent. We recognize the value of diversity in every sense and actively encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply.