Azure Cloud Engineers work on the Managed Hosting team to monitor, maintain and improve all Azure managed servers, databases, apps, etc. This Senior role works closely with the Associate Director, Cloud Services and Director of Information Technology to ensure that all appropriate metrics are being monitored, the managed Azure infrastructure is healthy and that all service and response time SLAs are met. This role responds to helpdesk inquiries and facilitates timely resolution of issues reported by clients or other team members. The Senior Azure Cloud Engineer is friendly, service oriented and has a deep understanding of Azure Cloud Services, web application architecture, Azure SQL and Azure networking.
Why You Should Join
We strive to provide a sensible working environment that endorses healthy work hours, and we offer flexible remote work options. We have a progressive parental leave policy, offer paid volunteer days, and vacation time is not just encouraged, but celebrated.
We believe that high-performing teams include people from different backgrounds and experiences who can challenge each other’s assumptions with fresh perspectives. To that end, we actively seek a diverse pool of applicants, including those from historically marginalized groups. If you’re from a background that’s underrepresented in tech, we’d particularly love to meet you.
- Timely responses and resolution of submitted helpdesk tickets and participating in an after-hours on call support schedule rotation
- Responding to monitor alerts and performing daily upkeep tasks to ensure systems are functioning properly
- Keeping OS, database and software updates current across servers through monthly patching
- Assisting with the implementation of documented server and web application architecture within Microsoft Azure
- Maintaining infrastructure and operational documentation
- Answering questions and providing customer service to Velir team members as well as external clients
- Assisting with department and service offering initiatives
- Automating management and maintenance tasks using PowerShell and native Azure automation capabilities
Skills & Qualifications
- Strong working knowledge of server hardware and virtualization operations
- Strong working knowledge of Windows server OS and functions
- Understanding of Windows patching
- Strong working knowledge of enterprise networking – including VPN, Firewalls, ACLs, RBAC
- Understanding of web development best practices – including source control and continuous integration/deployment concepts
- Familiarity with Microsoft Azure’s cloud portal
- Strong working knowledge of concepts such as PaaS and Infrastructure-as-code
- Ability to problem solve and arrive at solutions methodically
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and time effectively
- Strong service and communication skills
- 5+ years of experience in Windows Server, IIS, and MSSQL Server Administration
- 3+ years of experience with the Azure Cloud platform and portal
- MS Azure Solutions Architect certification – or similar
- 3+ years of experience working with web architecture
- Experience scripting in PowerShell or other scripting languages to automate repetitive work
- Experience working in a ticket service desk is a plus
- Frequent sitting at a desk performing work on a computer
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Core Company Values
Velir is an established mid-sized agency with a top-tier portfolio of clients, ranging from the world’s largest non-profits to Fortune 500 brands. We pride ourselves on our people-first culture and a low-ego workplace that embraces experimentation, collaboration and continuous improvement. We offer flexible work locations, competitive pay, and excellent benefits.
- Take the Long View – Ensure the company is built to last
- Be Courageous – Make the right decisions even when they aren’t the easiest decisions
- Be Genuine – Bring honesty and authenticity to all that you do
- Work with Focus + Passion – Display purpose and pride in your work and never stop learning
At this time, Velir does not sponsor candidates and unfortunately cannot accept those on OPT or CPT.