We are hiring a Senior Backend Engineer to work within our Engineering team. As a member of our highly-experienced engineering team, you’ll be able to influence design decisions across all levels of the product taking into consideration the voice of the customer. Hyperproof has a multi-tiered architecture using the latest technologies including Java, C#, nodeJS, Docker, Kubernetes, and React, just to name a few. There’s literally no shortage of opportunities to hone and grow your technical skills in our highly-collaborative startup environment.
WHO YOU ARE
As a Senior Backend, you will be building advanced solutions with hosted services that leverage the latest technologies including cloud-based microservices, containerization, machine learning, adaptive process automation, and more. We’re growing our team, and are looking for a passionate and innovative Backend Developer to bring to life the next wave of Hyperproof capabilities.
There’s a fully remote interview and onboarding process and the ability to work from home full-time.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR YOU TO DO
- You’ll design and code engaging user experiences using Java, C#, and other technologies
- You’ll design and code backend architecture components including REST APIs, queueing, storage systems, role-based access control, encryption, security, and more
- You’ll mentor our junior team members and support their growth
- You’ll work with Program and Product Managers to understand customer and industry requirements
- You’ll develop code that is secure, compliant, and performant with great-scale characteristics
- You’ll develop reusable software components that other developers and business users can easily leverage
- You’ll write automated tests for all code and build monitoring and system health metrics into the code you build
- You’ll document your code and contribute to team best practices
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- You have 4+ years of experience in a software engineering role including exposure to design and coding at a component level
- You have 2+ years of experience in mentoring junior engineers and leading projects delivery
- You have to focus on the customer requirements and the ability to translate them into modern, flexible software products
- You have the ability to quickly shift gears to learn and apply new, relevant technologies to the problems at hand
- You have experience with asynchronous programming and have experience in at least one of Java, C#, C++, Node.Js, Typescript, or React
- You created, understood, and usage of REST APIs using JSON and/or XML.
- You have passion and experience delivering software with the “abilities”- scalability, reliability, operability, etc
- You have familiarity with Azure and/or AWS cloud services for deployment, debugging, and operations of the software you create
- You have experience on an agile team and agile methods including Scrum or Kanban.
- You have a bachelor’s degree in computer science, mathematics, or similar is required.
- You have excellent communication skills, you are collaborative and personable, and are happy to help take the lead on projects and provide mentoring
- We are a fully remote company! Rather than restrict ourselves to only finding talent in one city, we’d rather find the absolute best people regardless of where they live.
- We value your time and want you to know what to expect from us.
- For this interview, we expect to ask you to participate in 30 mins initial chat with our Senior Technical Talent Partner, in Take-Home Technical Assessment with a generous 60 mins window, and in three 60 mins 1:1 with our senior engineering team members.
- You will get the space to ask any important questions you might have as well as our team will get the chance to get to know you and think about the right fit for you within our team.
WHERE YOU’LL GO
- Hyperproof also loves to see an internal transfer. If a linear career path is not what you’re looking for, you can work with your manager and our people team to explore lateral moves to other parts of the organization as you continue to grow with us.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Unlimited PTO: strongly encouraged to unplug and recharge
- 401K which vests immediately, complete with a 4% company match
- 12 weeks of Parental leave and 1 year of free diapers with Honest
- $1000 home office stipend – at the time of hire. Any additional home office needs are requested as needed.
- $100 quarterly paid wellness stipend
- Choose your tech – PC or Mac laptop
- Slack channel notifications turn off after 5 pm based on your time zone
- Annual company in-person events
- Health: coverage for medical, dental, and vision – employee and dependents.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE HYPERPROOF
It’s an exciting time to be at Hyperproof —we recently raised $16.5 million in our Series A financing, validating our teamwork, growing customer base, and our company mission to reinvent compliance operations.
Enter @Hyperproof, a radical new approach to ensure organizations can effectively discover, track, and meet the web of compliance business and government requirements. We are disrupting the governance, risk, and compliance software space with our innovative products. At the core, we are a team with strong experience building cloud software and a passion for a great user experience, simplicity, and positive social impact.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Hyperproof is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace — it’s one of our core values! Hyperproof is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
Don’t meet every job requirement? That’s okay! Our company is dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace. If you’re excited about this role, but your experience doesn’t perfectly fit every qualification, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right person for this role or others.