nZero is looking for a senior backend engineer to help expand our SaaS application (Ruby-on-Rails with Python microservices) as we continue to grow and scale our product. You’ll play a key role in supporting our SaaS platform for carbon management, which provides real-time carbon emissions reporting and analysis tools to enable customers to track and reduce their emissions. Your role will be to include architecting and developing new cloud-based microservices to enhance and provide new features for our platform, such as cost and emissions forecasting, and automated emission reduction insights.
- 6+ years of experience in software development in Ruby or Python
- 4+ years of experience with system and service architecture
- SQL and database schema experience (Postgres)
- Experience running and managing cloud infrastructure (AWS, EC2, S3)
- Organized, clear communicator
- Experience with Agile or Scrum software development methodologies
- Ability to multi-task, organize, and prioritize work
- Product focused. You are able to connect back-end architecture and implementation decisions to user experience goals, and make value considerations between the two.
- Passionate: You care about the quality of the things you produce and the problems you solve. At nZero, we are a passionate team who care deeply about the climate challenges we are tackling.
- Inclusive: You understand that accepting and integrating a diverse set of views creates growth and opportunity.
nZero is a 24/7 data dashboard that gives companies, communities, and other organizations the accurate emissions data they need to make smart decisions that benefit the health of the planet. Unlike other carbon management offerings who rely on third-party data and opaque averages, nZero gathers accurate, first-party, contextual data into a comprehensive view, making it simple for organizations to pinpoint energy opportunities within their operations, easily implement carbon reduction actions, and spend smarter along the way .nZero’s growing team has deep expertise in energy policy, human-centered design, fintech, and data science. We are a passionate, semi-distributed team collaborating in an agile process—pairing developers, designers, & product owners to build products that meet our customers’ core needs.
nZero is an equal opportunity employer. Employment at nZero is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications directly related to professional competence. nZero does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity /expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or related condition (including lactation), or any other basis protected by law.
If you need accommodation due to a disability during the employment application process, such as an ASL interpreter or a different interview format, please let us know. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for a person who will receive and handle reasonable accommodation requests from applicants.