nZero is looking for a Senior Backend Engineer to help expand our SaaS application (Ruby-on-Rails with Python microservices) as we continue to grow and scale our product. You’ll play a key role in supporting our SaaS platform for carbon management, which provides real-time carbon emissions reporting and analysis tools to enable customers to track and reduce their emissions. Your role will be to include architecting and developing new cloud-based microservices to enhance and provide new features for our platform, such as cost and emissions forecasting, and automated emission reduction insights.
- 6+ years of experience in software development in Ruby or Python
- 4+ years of experience with system and service architecture
- SQL and database schema experience (Postgres)
- Experience running and managing cloud infrastructure (AWS, EC2, S3)
- Organized, clear communicator
- Experience with Agile or Scrum software development methodologies
- Ability to multi-task, organize, and prioritize work
- Product focused. You are able to connect back-end architecture and implementation decisions to user experience goals, and make value considerations between the two.
- Passionate: You care about the quality of the things you produce and the problems you solve. At nZero, we are a passionate team who care deeply about the climate challenges we are tackling.
- Inclusive: You understand that accepting and integrating a diverse set of views creates growth and opportunity.
nZero is a near real-time (NRT) carbon data and sustainability platform that gives NGOs, government agencies, and organizations the accurate emissions data they need to reach net zero, communicate their story, and make smart decisions that benefit the health of the planet. Unlike carbon management offerings who rely on third-party data and opaque averages, nZero gathers accurate, first-party, contextual data into a comprehensive view, making it simple for organizations to pinpoint opportunities within their operations to implement carbon reduction actions and spend smarter along the way. nZero’s awards and recognitions include the Economic Development Authority of Western Nevada (EDAWN) Existing Industry 2022 “Leader in Sustainability” Award, Business Intelligence Group’s 2022 Sustainability Product of the Year Award, a place on TIME Magazine’s 2022 Best Inventions List in the Sustainability Category, as well as an honorable mention on Fast Company’s 2022 World-Changing Ideas List