Fama is currently seeking a Senior Backend Engineer with technical depth to join our growing development team. This is a unique opportunity to help our company scale. We’re looking for an individual who is confident in their own technical abilities as well as common coding paradigms and comfortable being a subject matter expert within the team. We expect that this individual will be a mentor to junior developers and help guide the group, but also open-minded and willing to learn and receive candid critiques.
About the role:
The Senior Backend Engineer is responsible for the design and implementation of microservices in innovative and scalable ways. You will be building and improving Java code while providing software for the Fama architecture.
Primarily, this role will be working on the design and development of back-end services and components alongside integrations with our front end applications. We are looking for a skilled Java developer with experience in full life-cycle application development and systems integration. You will work with Software and Data Science engineers on the development of large scale systems. This entails architecture, coding, unit testing, bug fixing, assistance in deployments to production, and knowledge transfer maintenance.
This is a challenging role that requires an individual able to jump into multiple projects at once, clearly communicate with the team members, and write a lot of code. At the same time, this role provides an opportunity to learn and participate in building the foundation of a scalable web application.
- Be in tune with the business needs of our internal teams and external customers while driving engineering solutions.
- Write new feature code for our systems, complete with unit and integration tests.
- Perform code reviews.
- Maintain legacy code to fix bugs and find opportunities for improvement.
- Identify system requirements and recommend alternatives.
- Write detailed technical documentation.
- Collaborate with the team to champion new ideas and direction.
- Mentor and help guide junior team members to achieve technical and business goals.
- Own every task you undertake as if the future of the company depends upon it.
- 6+ years experience with Java and java-based web application development
- 5+ years Hands-on experience with database technologies at scale (SQL/NoSQL)
- 4+ years experience with XML related technologies (XML, XSL, JAXP) and JSON
- 4+ years experience with RESTful APIs
- 5+ years experience with Domain-Driven Design
- 5+ years Professional experience with Test-Driven Development
- 3+ years experience with Kafka as an event-driven backbone for a microservice architecture
- Experience working alongside DevOps
- Experience with object modeling, analysis, and design
- Experience utilizing JUnit and other testing frameworks
- Demonstrated experience developing and delivering both consumer-facing web-based solutions and intranet/extranet type applications for internal users and partners
- Excellent communication skills with both technical and non-technical team members
-Competitive salary and benefits.
-Best-in-class benefits, including medical, vision, dental and PTO
-We allocate budget for all employees to further their knowledge by taking advantage of bootcamps, classes, books, etc. to improve their professional selves