Procurify Engineering has a vision of becoming “the company in Vancouver where the best technologists want to work”. To us, this means being a place where difficult and exciting technology problems are being tackled, and where engineers are given the autonomy to direct their own work. It means being a place where risk-taking is encouraged and where engineers are supported by their team and by leadership in pursuit of their goals. We are:
At Procurify, our team is reinventing spend culture by helping businesses achieve greater visibility into their company’s spend. Our platform allows organizations to track purchasing company-wide while gaining a comprehensive insight into their spending data. We also:
- Closed a USD 20 million Series B round in Spring 2019
- Recognized as one of the top 20 Technology Companies of 2020 in Canada
- Have grown to 120+ Team Members
- Have helped our customers report more than $7 Billion in spend through Procurify
As a Sr. Software Engineer, you will work alongside other talented engineers and be a core contributor to solve some of the most pressing technology challenges. As a team player you will embody an excitement for learning, a desire for personal growth, and a customer-centric mindset. You will be a role model and mentor to your immediate engineering team, helping to raise the capability of individuals early in their career and to improve productivity and happiness across the team through effective stewardship of our codebase. You will also be working cross-team to help push for best practices within your domain across the engineering organization.
- Work with the product team to help design, architect, and implement new, as well as improve, existing features of our spend management platform
- Collaborate with other software engineers to establish best practices, tools, and processes that will drive the entire engineering team forward
- Work with engineering leadership to execute effective agile practices and drive continuous delivery
- Directly mentor one or more engineers through code review, pair programming, and 1-1s
- Seek out new technologies and engineering practices, sharing them with your team members to help the team continuously improve
- Mentor, learn, and continuously improve your technical skills along with your teammates
Here’s what you need
- Experience building reliable and scalable software solutions with a team of software developers, using technologies such as ReactJS, Typescript, Docker, Python/Django, NodeJS, RESTful APIs
- Practice delivering written and verbal technical feedback in the form of code reviews to peers
- Familiarity with effective agile and software development practices such as scrum/kanban, CI/CD, test automation, infrastructure as code
- Experience in / passion for developing engineers who are early on in their careers
- Believe in the strength of empowerment, continuous improvement, and learning
- Comfortable focusing on multiple competing priorities and solving challenging problems
- Comfortable working, improving, and maintaining existing solutions
**You must be a Canadian resident for tax purposes to apply.**
Procurify is a place where your personal growth is a real priority; where our values help shape our decisions, mistakes are expected, and being true to yourself is encouraged. We truly believe in investing in our people, and here are a few things we offer to show our team we care:
- Procurify is an all-remote, fully distributed company. You can work wherever you are happiest (within Canada for tax purposes).
- We have embraced a four day work week – take Friday off, forever.
- Flexible work hours, unlimited responsible time off
- Vision, dental, and extended health benefits.
- If you choose to visit the office, we’re pet friendly and have one of the best views of the city from our rooftop patio.
- Bucketloads of events including charity, community, and in-house learning sessions.
- A safe, supportive, and inspiring environment where people from all walks of life are welcomed and encouraged to maximize their potential.
Want to Learn More?
Let’s face it, no one wants to read through an overproduced job ad, plus we’d rather connect with you. Apply today and let’s start a conversation!
- Get to know some of our team members through our Meet us Monday videos
- Check out what our clients are saying about us: www.procurify.com/customers
Read about some of the problems our engineering team is tackling on our blog