Guru is looking for a highly motivated, results-oriented individual to help expand our ecosystem by proactively engaging prospective and existing technology partners to drive awareness, collaboration and adoption of Guru’s knowledge management platform. You will be responsible for supporting inbound technology partnership requests, as well as identifying, educating and engaging partners, plus your Guru Departmental stakeholders to foster strategic mind-share and collaborate on joint-product and GTM initiatives.
This job is not only about how well you engage and nurture our partners; it’s about how you lend your positivity and presence, combined with your skill-set to an energized environment and highly collaborative team. Strong sense of humor required, sarcasm detection skills a plus.
We are aligning with technology partners, which requires us to expand and grow our team. We need a driven individual who can establish strong relationships and sales execution within our technology partners and work with leadership to help build and consistently iterate on an optimal technology partnership program.
- You will help to identify and drive partnerships that align to Guru’s ecosystem strategy
- You will establish and sustain yourself as a trusted advisor within your partner account(s), with well-defined objectives, in-depth understanding of partner’s organization & ideal means of supporting them
- You will devise quarterly and annual goals to insure Guru + partner have alignment and are collaboratively driving to desired business outcomes
- You will be pleasantly persistent in educating partners on the value of Guru’s collaborative knowledge management platform and lend strategic depth to customer-centric conversations on partner’s behalf
- You will help to uncover new opportunities, devise joint business plans and effectively execute on them
- You will own and influence partner relationships to drive top-line sales growth, with potential to uncover indirect sales channels
- You will conduct a formal peer-to-peer mapping between Guru and our respective partners to insure organizational alignment and initiatives are effectively executed
- You will proactively work with all internal stakeholders (sales, engineering, marketing, customer success/support and the executive team) to ensure partner’s success and Guru’s Objectives and Key Results (OKRs) are aligned and achieved
Ideal Skills & Experience:
- The right person will possess 6+ years of business development or strategic alliance experience in the software-technology industry
- Experience engaging and influencing business and C-level executives
- Experience presenting and articulating complex business and technical concepts to cross-functional audiences
- Proven performance in crafting and executing against business plans
- Strong negotiation skills
- Consistently exceeded key performance metrics
- Experience working with strategic partners and customers
- Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations
Benefits to you:
- Competitive salary
- Employee Stock Option Plan
- Generous benefits package
- Professional Development & Wellness Allowance
- The chance to contribute to an upbeat, fully engaged culture
Guru is a dynamic, fast growing start-up based in Philadelphia and San Francisco. Our mission is to reinvent the way people connect with meaningful information at work. Guru’s knowledge management solution provides customer-facing teams access to expert-verified information where they work and when they need it most. We believe in cultivating a welcoming, inclusive culture that encourages personal growth through working hard and having fun.
Launched in September 2015, our vision is backed by an amazing group of investors including FirstMark Capital, Salesforce, Michael Dell, the Slack Fund, Emergence Capital, Thrive Capital and Accel. As we enter the next exciting stage of expansion, we’re searching for passionate individuals to join our rapidly growing team.
This is a full-time position that can be Remote or based out of our Philadelphia or San Francisco offices. Re-location and/or Visa Sponsorship is not included in our hiring package. Applicants will need to be authorized to work in the US.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. All are welcome here. At Guru, being inclusive is very important to us. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, age, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identification, veteran status or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodation.