Hi! We are Billie, the leading provider of “Buy Now, Pay Later” (BNPL) payment methods for businesses, offering B2B companies innovative digital payment services and modern checkout solutions. We are here to transform and upgrade the operating system of B2B Payments. Thus, we enable businesses to pay and get paid on their own terms, having the same frictionless and flexible experience as consumers are used to nowadays. To do so, our solutions are based on proprietary, machine-learning-supported risk models, fully digitized processes and a highly scalable tech platform. This makes us a deep-tech company building financial products, not the other way around. We love building simple and elegant solutions and we strive for automation and scalability. Our vision to create new freedom through innovation has attracted exciting strategic partners and highly experienced investors, making us join forces with Klarna and securing an outstanding $100 million Series C funding round nearly quadrupling our previous valuation. Our investors include VCs such as Dawn Capital, Creandum, Picus and SpeedInvest.
Join us to create the future of B2B payments!
ABOUT THE ROLE:
You are passionate about compliance and building an ethical culture? Are you successful at preventing, finding and fixing problems, always aiming to improve the status quo?
We are currently looking for a (Senior) Compliance Manager that will join our Compliance team at Billie. You will report directly to one of our Co-Heads of Compliance and will get the opportunity to get a broad understanding of the various aspects of Billie´s Compliance Program. You will become a key supporter of Billie´s Money Laundering Reporting Officer and Compliance Officer and ensure compliance with legal and regulatory requirements. This position includes the perspective of being appointed Deputy Money Laundering Reporting Officer.
In more detail you will:
- Find and remedy deficiencies to ensure compliance of Billie with all applicable laws and regulations
- Ensure compliance throughout the business, further develop our governance systems, internal control processes, policies, guidelines and trainings
- Prepare regulatory submissions, internal compliance reports and risk analysis
- Play an active role in improving our audit and compliance processes and lead several strategy projects for the team
- Be one of the key point of contact for our Internal Auditor and foster a good relationship with both internal and external stakeholders, support further audits as a key stakeholder and due diligence requests
- Supervise and conduct independent reviews of our business processes jointly with our Co-Head of Compliance
- Create, report and draft recommendations on irregularities and corrective measures
- Work closely with our senior leadership to advise on changes in policies and procedures
- Tackle money laundering and terrorist financing by further ensuring that Billie cannot be misused for criminal activities
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- You have at least 2+ years of experience in the areas of auditing, compliance, financial law, AML, risk management or risk controlling
- You have successfully completed a degree in law, business administration and/or economics. The focus on compliance, risk management or a comparable subject area would be desirable.
- You have very good knowledge of legal and supervisory regulations including the KWG, ZAG, GWG and MaRisk
- You are well versed in project management and drive initiatives from start to finish
- You are highly motivated, have a ‘Can-do’ mindset and find creative solutions to solve problems
- Ideally you are familiar with the relevant process flows in a FinTech or regulated financial institution
- Ideally you have AML and financial crime experience
- You are fluent in German and proficient in English
WHAT WE OFFER YOU:
- Flexible work hours and trust in your ability to deliver, empowering you to take control of your work-life balance.
- Up to 6 weeks per year of “Workation”.
- One of the best Virtual Shares Incentive Programs in the market, so that everyone at Billie is invested in our success.
- Freedom to balance working from home and the office according to you and your team’s needs. No restrictions, only guidelines and a flexibility-first approach.
- Our “Catch a Ride with Billie” program gives you a big discount on the Monthly Public Transport pass in Berlin.
- A yearly development budget to broaden your skill set and horizons. We also offer free German group classes with your colleagues.
- An English-speaking, multicultural team with more than 46 nationalities from all continents represented in our staff.
- A one-time relocation bonus if you join us in Berlin.
- A great office space near Checkpoint Charlie with free gym access, healthy snacks and cereals, fruit, coffee, soda, and beer.
Billie offers you the opportunity to be a part of one of the fastest-growing Fintech startups in Europe following the mission to innovate to create new freedom for businesses of all sizes. Our combined decades of experience in B2B Financing and Payments in a market thirsty for innovation and change make this a fantastic possibility to get into the most dynamic space in tech.
Join an international team of talented, passionate people where drive and merit matter. We work in nimble, cross-functional teams with open communication lines across the company. You’ll be surrounded by smart people from a wide variety of backgrounds from which you can learn and that want to learn from you.
Are you ready to join Billie?