HubSpot is looking for a Senior Content Writer to research and write engaging stories for our new entrepreneurs’ blog. The right candidate will be passionate about business, finance, and entrepreneurship and capable of creating content that educates and entertains an audience of business builders.
This person will work closely with the blog’s Senior Editor and members of HubSpot’s growing media team — including writers and editors at The Hustle, a daily business and tech newsletter with 1.5+ million subscribers — to tell stories about scaling companies and provide practical advice that helps operators grow their businesses.
The ideal candidate is a strong writer who can identify and tell stories that capture the attention of small- and mid-size business owners. This person will have an insatiable curiosity for digging into news and data sources to find untold stories of successful entrepreneurs and businesses. Must be a strong communicator comfortable working independently while juggling multiple projects at once.
In this role you’ll get to:
- Collaborate with the blog’s Senior Editor and other HubSpot Media colleagues to identify story topics
- Conduct in-depth research using internet search tools and interviews with industry leaders
- Write articles that help business builders make better decisions
- Work with our growing audio and video production teams, as well as The Hustle’s editorial team, to create original content
- Experiment with new storytelling approaches to drive readership and conversion
We are looking for people who have:
- A creative approach to idea generation and storytelling
- A proven track record of writing stories that generate buzz
- Ability to deliver clean copy under deadline pressure
- Experience writing short- and long-form content and an understanding of what moves an audience
- Strong research and writing skills and a desire to help entrepreneurs grow their business
- Exceptional project management, collaboration, and communication skills
- A strong work ethic, drive, and determination to accomplish goals
- Great brainstormer capable of generating big ideas
- Adaptable, can-do spirit
- Resourceful and able to take direction well
- Defaults to optimism, one of our company’s core values
- Ability to move fast and balance multiple assignments at once
We encourage applications from candidates who have succeeded in a startup environment and we welcome candidates from non-traditional backgrounds, with experience outside of journalism. We’re also open to candidates with different levels of experience. For us, having a person with the right mindset and temperament is most important.
HubSpot (NYSE: HUBS) is a leading customer relationship management (CRM) platform that provides software and support to help businesses grow better. We build marketing, sales, service, and website management products that start free and scale to meet our customers’ needs at any stage of growth. We’re also building a company culture that empowers people to do their best work through. If that sounds like something you’d like to be part of, we’d love to hear from you.
You can find out more about our company culture in the HubSpot Culture Code, which has more than 5M views, and learn about our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, too. Thanks to the work of every employee globally, HubSpot was named the #4 Best Place to Work on Glassdoor in 2021, and has been recognized for award-winning culture by Great Place to Work, Comparably, Fortune, Entrepreneur, Inc., and more.
Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, HubSpot was founded in 2006. Today, thousands of employees work across the globe in HubSpot offices and remotely. Visit our careers website to learn more about culture and opportunities at HubSpot.
By submitting your application, you agree that HubSpot may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. HubSpot’s Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, our purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over HubSpot’s use of your personal information.