Qualio is on a mission to empower life science teams to launch and scale life-saving products. We’re doing that by building a connected and integrated quality management platform for the entire life science ecosystem. Qualio is trusted by 100s of highly regulated international customers, ranging from the bleeding edge of computational biology and machine learning to household names in mRNA vaccine development. We’re growing rapidly, and in 2021 we saw 132% year-on-year revenue growth
The Qualio team is an all-remote, globally distributed workforce with teammates in over ten countries.
What’s the opportunity?
Qualio is looking for an accomplished Senior Contracts Manager to strengthen our Legal function as the first in-house legal hire. This person will support the go-to-market contracting efforts, while ensuring ongoing risk management and compliance. This role will develop and manage commercial contracting across the organization. The Senior Contracts Manager will be part of the Finance team, reporting to the Director of Finance. As this role grows, the Senior Contracts Manager will continue to grow and will expand and scale the team internationally.
What will I be doing?
- Manage the full commercial contract lifecycle by creating a wide variety of legal templates, negotiating and drafting new agreements, and reviewing contractual obligations for compliance with internal and external regulations.
- Responsible for selection and implementation of a Contracts Lifecycle Management (CLM) tool.
- Develop and maintain policies and standard operating procedures in the legal/contracting processes.
- Streamline the contract negotiation process with key stakeholders across Sales, Customer Success, Finance and Revenue Operations.
- Partner with the enablement team to train the team on how to efficiently navigate the legal process.
- Work collaboratively with the team to continually identify opportunities to accelerate contract closure by enhancing contract templates, responding to questions in the most effective way, and developing contracting policies and contract escalations guidelines.
- Work closely across multiple departments, and provide professional guidance regarding vendor contracts.
- Partner with our Quality team to assist with managing third party and vendor compliance, including reviewing vendor agreements, conducting vendor due diligence, and ensuring third party compliance.
- Ensure compliance with global data privacy laws (e.g. GDPR, CCPA, HIPAA), manage the data flow process, Data Subject Access Requests (DSARs), and external compliance validations.
- Coordinate with the IT and Quality team to assist with managing the information security audit program. Audits include ISO 27001, SOC 2, HIPAA Security Rule, and PCI-DSS audits.
- Be a liaison between Qualio and our external counsel.
What skills do I need?
- 5+ years experience in enterprise sales contract management negotiations for a fast-paced technology company.
- Experience with Salesforce and CLM tools.
- Experience with SaaS/Cloud technology company agreements and global data privacy laws.
- JD degree is preferred, but not required.
- Familiarity with quality management and the life sciences industry is preferred, but not required.
- Self-starter who works with minimal supervision and integrity while also being a strong team player.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Competitive salary
- Matching 401k
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits
- Dependent & Health FSA, Short/Long Term Disability, Basic & Voluntary Life Insurance
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Company allowance for home office supplies
- 12 weeks paid parental leave
- Opportunity to make a difference through helping life-saving products get to market
A note to candidates:
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they meet every single one of the qualifications as described in a job description. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive company and we are most interested in finding the BEST candidate for the job. That candidate may be one who comes from a less traditional background, and that’s okay. We would strongly encourage you to apply, even if you don’t believe you meet every one of the qualifications described.
#Qualio_ET #LI-CA1 #LI-Remote