Remote is solving global remote organizations’ biggest challenge: employing anyone anywhere compliantly. We make it possible for businesses big and small to employ a global team by handling global payroll, benefits, taxes, and compliance (learn more about how it works). We’re backed by A+ investors and our team is world-class, literally and figuratively, as we’re all scattered around the world.
As we grow to serve more countries and expand on our products and services, we will need a strong and efficient Finance Function to work alongside our outsourced team.
We are looking for an experienced Credit Risk Senior Manager to join one of the most exciting early stage Finance teams out there.
Please check out our public handbook to learn more about our culture. We encourage folks from all ethnic groups, genders, sexuality, age and abilities to apply. If this job description resonates with you, we want to hear from you!
About the role:
Our team is responsible for shaping our understanding of how Remote is performing as a business, as well as what our best opportunities are for continued growth. We’re looking for an experienced collections professional to join our fast growing team and help us support our expansion efforts while mitigating credit risk by developing collections strategies and workflows. This role will involve working hand in hand with Finance, business partners, financial partners, legal team and our operations teams. You will be responsible for the design and management of credit risk functions within a fast-paced, high growth environment. Primarily:
- Collaborate with Finance, Sales, Customer Experience, Business Operations and Legal to develop a systemic approach to evaluating credit worthiness of our clients.
- Propose alternative methods for mitigating credit risk based on customers’ credit risk profiles while supporting the sales process and a positive customer experience.
- Design workflows for collections functions and activities which drive collections effectiveness while considering any impact to the customer relationship.
- Develop metrics, reporting and dashboards to monitor and evaluate Accounts Receivable and global credit risk.
- Perform analysis on delinquencies to identify root cause and support the design of innovative collection strategies.
- Perform analysis to support the allowance and provision calculations by accounting.
- Collections professional with 5+ years experience and proven performance.
- Prior experience with evaluation of credit risk, design of collections workflows and collections strategy.
- Experience with a Fintech or start up company.
- Strong analytical skills with experience using data to drive successful actions and results.
- Negotiation and influencing skills.
- Data driven communicator.
- Professional experience working with large data sets.
- Ability to handle multiple projects in a fast paced, hyper growth environment.
- It’s not required to have experience working remotely, but is considered a plus.
- Remote work culture
- A fair and competitive salary
- The equipment/tools you need to do your job well and comfortable (MacBook, screen, peripherals)
- Unlimited paid time off
- Flexible working hours
- Home office setup
- Health insurance
- Training allowance
- Report to: Director of Finance, Controller
- Team: Finance
- Location: Anywhere in the world
- Start date: As soon as possible
- (async) Application is reviewed
- Interview with the Director of Finance, Controller
- Interview with the VP of Finance
- Interview with the team (no managers on the call, just for you to get a sense of who you’d be working with)
- (async) Reference calls
- (async) Offer