FireHydrant is building the only reliability focused platform. The FireHydrant platform includes Incident Response, Status Pages, and more, so you can take control of your complex system, reduce downtime, and work better together. We’re a Series B company with around 80 employees (and growing!) who sit across the United States. Check out our blog to learn more about us.
About the role
FireHydrant is looking for a new team member to join our Customer Success team as a Customer Success Engineer focused on incident management and response. In this role, you’ll directly work with world-class customers and bring their incident response to another level. You’ll work directly with FireHydrant’s customer success, product, and sales teams to understand our solutions and deliver key opinions on how to best utilize the FireHydrant reliability platform.
The work you’ll do
- Participate in the integration of FireHydrant products, scoping and architecting solutions for our customers
- Build relationships with technical stakeholders
- Work with our Customer Success Managers to make sure customers are on track and gaining substantial value from FireHydrant
- Own the implementation of recommendations provided to a customer
- Informing the product team about gaps/nice-to-haves that our platform could gain an advantage with
- Introduce industry best practices for incident management and service ownership
What we’re looking for
- Proficiency in leading and facilitating technical design/scoping workshops with customers
- Understanding of ITIL
- Background owning incident command or product escalation
- An understanding of enterprise SaaS and the relationship to freemium models and product led growth selling motion
- Experience working with cross-functional partners across the Sales, Marketing, and Product teams
What to expect
In one month, you’ll start to understand how existing customers are currently using FIreHydrant for their incident management and service ownership. You’ll accomplish this understanding by reviewing current configurations, talking with customers, customer success managers, solutions engineers, and product managers.
In three months, you’ll write and distribute a few opinions on what customers should generally do when using FireHydrant, and how to solve basic incident response problems that they discovered in their first month. You’ll also start their ride alongs on customer kickoffs and implementations. You’ll be working with customers directly after post-sale to aid in their onboarding.
In 6 months, you’ll be running implementations of our most strategic accounts and partnerships, delivering well formed, tested, opinions. You’ll be directly responsible for not only implementation of our product, but also the behavior change in the companies that purchase us. Companies are buying us for our opinion and our product.
In one year, you’ll have helped enable the entire customer success organization with our opinions on incident response, and make sure that it is echoed throughout the entire customer success lifecycle. You’ll help own all strategic partner relationships.
Life at FireHydrant
- We’re remote-first with employees around the US, with our physical headquarters in NYC (Union Square)
- 1-2x per year we will gather in-person as a company; as teams we gather another 1-2x per year depending on the safety of such a gathering, and have virtual events throughout the year
- We collaborate through Slack, Zoom, Notion, and Google Workspace
- Kind candor – we expect honesty delivered through kindness, first and foremost
- Transparency & equity – information is shared openly in Slack channels; we welcome ideas and contribution regardless of role or experience level
- We value building trust, acting with integrity and continuously improving
- 100% employer-paid health, vision and dental premiums for the employee and 75% of dependents
- Unlimited vacation policy with a minimum requirement of three weeks off per-year, with sustainable working hours and healthy work/life balance
- Wellness program (in every form it takes): reimbursements for your fitness membership, therapy sessions. athletic equipment, nutrition plans, etc
- Education budget: conferences, books, online courses, etc
- Home office stipend: get your workspace set up in a way that works best for you
- 401k match
FireHydrant believes that everyone should be compensated fairly and we strive for transparency within our organization and the industry. We set our salaries at the 75th percentile of pay for the San Francisco market using compensation data from hundreds of companies at our stage. Additionally, everyone in a given role is paid the same without adjusting for locality. The salary for this position is $165,000 depending on leveling.
All employees must be able to show authorization to work in the US.