We’ve been growing rapidly since being in the Winter 2018 batch of Y-Combinator, and after recently closing our Series B funding round, are now in hyper-growth. Our teams are diverse, fully distributed, and with no offices – we are looking for team members who are comfortable with and motivated by the opportunity to work remotely.
For this position, we are looking for candidates located in the United States and Canada.
What You’ll Do
We are looking for someone who can come in and make an impact in partnership with the product team as a Sr Data Analyst. In this role you will help define how we think about utilizing and implementing a data driven mindset and culture within the product management organization. You will partner directly with that team and help build out the infrastructure and reporting to empower that team to self service data needs. You will also partner with the team to run ad hoc analysis to help build business cases on how we can improve the business overall. You should feel comfortable wearing many hats and finding scrappy ways of reaching a solution in a quickly changing startup environment.
- Develop and run quantitative analysis, models, reports, and more with the end goal to support our product management team
- Analytical lead for multiple projects cross functionally as needed
- Perform proactive ad hoc analysis and present findings to senior leadership team
- Create and maintain product KPI reports
- Build out the vision for analytics in partnership with the product team
- Own your space partnering with stakeholders to help drive prioritization and delivery of most impactful projects
- Feel comfortable with data engineering tasks or use of ELT tools like Fivetran
Need to Have
- B.A / B.Sc degree in a highly quantitative field (e.g. Industrial Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science)
- 4+ years experience as a Business Analyst or similar role. Preference towards those with experience as an analyst who has been focused on partnering with product management teams
- 3+ years experience writing SQL code
- Experience querying data warehouses (SQL), analyzing data, and arriving at insights using quantitative techniques
- Experience with a reporting tool like Tableau or Looker
- Experience with APIs and data engineering
- Experience in a fast paced, start-up environment with the ability to quickly get up to speed, iterate and take on other projects
Nice to Have
- Experience with Python, R, Google Analytics preferred
What We Offer
- Competitive salary
- Benefits (vary by location)
- A highly skilled and dedicated team that is fun to work with
- Remote work – We are a diverse and distributed team that uses Slack, Zoom, Notion and other tools to stay connected
- Work in the open: Operate with high integrity and choose what’s right over what’s easy. Be transparent as a company and with each other
- People are People: Treat yourself, colleagues, and customers with dignity, empathy, and respect. Start from a presumption of positive intent
- Win and grow together: Strive to be the best, individually, and as a team. Support and encourage each other. Seek opportunities for growth
Shogun supports workplace diversity and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity/expression, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, or any other protected class.
We are hiring in the United States, Canada, Ireland, and the United Kingdom, and are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in these regions without employment visa sponsorship. Please refer to the position specific location requirements listed under the location section of the job description.