About Trove Recommerce
Recognized by FastCo in 2022 as one of the World Changing Ideas Awards and in 2020 as one of the World’s Most Innovative Companies, Trove powers resale as a channel for the world’s most beloved brands, extending the life of millions of products and creating more inclusive, less wasteful business models. We power the technology, operations, and analytics enabling retailers to stand up a scalable and profitable branded recommerce channel.
Our end-to-end item intelligence optimizes every step of the circular journey and transforms complex logistics into a joyful customer experience, adding to brand equity without increasing carbon emissions. Building and implementing this technology can’t come soon enough, resale is growing at 5 times the rate of e-commerce and 21 times the rate of traditional retail **.
A certified B-Corp, we power in-store and online retail for leaders such as Patagonia, REI, Eileen Fisher, Arc’teryx, Lululemon, Levi’s, and Allbirds with the mission of accelerating the shift to a new era of conscious commerce essential to a sustainable future.
**Source: The Consumers Behind Fashion’s Growing Secondhand Market, BCG, 2020. Source: Trove Data
About the Senior Data Analyst, Partner Analytics role
Trove is building world class operations supporting the unique “one of one” environment of used items. In this role, you will work side by side with our Operations team to drive improvements at our warehouse in Brisbane, California. You will leverage your analytical background and experience to improve our performance measurement and identify the highest-leverage opportunities for the operations team. This position reports to the Data Analytics Manager and will have a close working relationship with the leaders of the Operations team and the rest of the data teams.
What You’ll Do
- Work directly with functional leaders in the Operations team as a trusted partner on key projects to guide decision-making and inspire action.
- Work with large datasets to investigate key business trends, performance, issues, behaviors, and metrics and present compelling narratives to explain results to executives.
- Be a thought leader for the Operations team on how to identify hypotheses and KPIs for new initiatives up front and how to measure impact of changes.
- Ensure ongoing support and maintenance of reporting systems and develop creative solutions to business problems and workflows.
- Assist in forecasting and modeling.
- Partner in cross-functional (with other Trove team members, brand partners, and third party organizations) sustainability initiatives to lead industry understanding of the impact of resale and to drive continuous sustainability improvements within Trove.
Experience You Bring
- It makes you happy to explore data, uncover insights, understand their implications, and communicate them to the teams who can take action on your discoveries.
- You love understanding processes and leveraging data to understand what works and what doesn’t.
- Masterful at breaking down tasks, planning, and delivery.
- Experience framing business questions with data and translating business needs into actionable data deliverables – processes, analyses, reports, and datasets.
- Track record of communicating complex analyses to a general audience and tell a compelling data-driven story.
- Experience working collaboratively to prioritize your workload, but bringing a strong data-informed point of view.
- Fluent in SQL, experienced with Business Intelligence tools, familiar with modern data modeling and ETL processes and tools.
- Collaborative mindset and a strong preference for working with many different teams.
Bonus Points If You Have
- Experience working in operations (manufacturing, supply chain, logistics, industrial engineering).
- Familiarity with our data stack: Redshift, dbt, Looker.
- Experience building datasets (ETL methods) and using statistical programming languages (pandas, R, etc…) in an industry setting.
Why Work Here?
- Flexible Remote Workplace- Trove’s flexible schedule and remote workplace allows employees to take control over their schedule, which is invaluable when it comes to attending to the needs of personal and work life needs.
- Unlimited PTO- Our unlimited vacation company policy allows employees to take as much leave as they need. Employees need time to rest and enjoy themselves outside work. Putting a cap on this important time doesn’t help our effort to achieve high levels of employee satisfaction and productivity.
- 401K- Employees can set aside pre-tax dollars to invest in a qualified retirement investment plan with a company match.
- Medical- Trove covers 100% of employee monthly premium.
- Equity/Share Options – The longer the employee works, the more stocks become available to purchase.
- Learning Fund- Exempt employees have access to a pool of funds to support execution of their self-development goals and objectives.
- Partner Discounts- Enjoy eligibility for Pro Accounts and various partner discounts from Patagonia, Arcteryx, and Eileen Fisher.
- Mission Driven- Work alongside passionate people to build the leading recommerce infrastructure and the circular economy.
Trove is proud to be an equal opportunity company but we don’t want to stop there. We strive to be an anti-racist company and we believe that diversity and gender balance will help us reach our full potential. At Trove we are building a company where we are not only proud of our mission, but how we are pursuing it. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status and we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.