Senior Data Analyst, Partner Analytics
About Trove Recommerce
Recognized by FastCo in 2022 as one of the World Changing Ideas Awards and in 2020 as one of the World’s Most Innovative Companies, Trove powers resale as a channel for the world’s most beloved brands, extending the life of millions of products and creating more inclusive, less wasteful business models. We power the technology, operations, and analytics enabling retailers to stand up a scalable and profitable branded recommerce channel.
Our end-to-end item intelligence optimizes every step of the circular journey and transforms complex logistics into a joyful customer experience, adding to brand equity without increasing carbon emissions. Building and implementing this technology can’t come soon enough, resale is growing at 5 times the rate of e-commerce and 21 times the rate of traditional retail **.
A certified B-Corp, we power in-store and online retail for leaders such as Patagonia, REI, Eileen Fisher, Arc’teryx, Lululemon, Levi’s, and Allbirds with the mission of accelerating the shift to a new era of conscious commerce essential to a sustainable future.
**Source: The Consumers Behind Fashion’s Growing Secondhand Market, BCG, 2020. Source: Trove Data
About the Senior Data Analyst, Partner Analytics role
Trove is building world class operations supporting the unique “one of one” environment of used items. In this role, you will drive strategic use of data to ensure our brand partners are massively successful on the Trove platform and that Trove is essential, irreplaceable, and broadly recognized within our brand partner organizations. This position reports to our Data Analytics Manager and will have a close working relationship with the teams that work most closely with our partners: Business Development, Onboarding, Strategic Account Management, and Finance teams. You will work with senior leaders across Trove to drive action based on your insights.
What You’ll Do
- Work directly with Partner and Finance teams on strategically important projects to guide decision-making and inspire action
- Be a thought leader and a trusted partner to the Partner and Finance teams on how to better leverage data to drive results
- Present thoughtful and scalable data-driven recommendations directly to our partners
- Work with large datasets to investigate key business trends, performance, issues, behaviors, and metrics and present compelling narratives to explain results to team
- Dive into the dynamics and economics of partners to help develop strategies and recommendations
- Build user-friendly, actionable, and scalable dashboards and data products to inform internal team and external partners
- Ensure ongoing support and maintenance of reporting systems and develop creative solutions to business problems and workflows
- Dig deep into the data when discrepancies arise to uncover the cause…and identify and design robust processes and tools to prevent discrepancies from arising
Experience You Bring
- It makes you happy to explore data, uncover insights, understand their implications, and communicate them to the teams who can take action on your discoveries
- You love understanding processes and leveraging data to understand what works and what doesn’t
- Masterful at breaking down tasks, planning, and delivery
- Experience framing business questions with data and translating business needs into actionable data deliverables – processes, analyses, reports, and datasets
- Track record of communicating complex analyses to a general audience and tell a compelling data-driven story
- Experience working collaboratively to prioritize your workload, but bringing a strong data-informed point of view
- Fluent in SQL, experienced with Business Intelligence tools, familiar with modern data modeling and ETL processes and tools
- Collaborative mindset and a strong preference for working with many different teams
Bonus Points If You Have
- Familiarity with our data stack: Redshift, dbt, Looker
- Experience building datasets (ETL methods) and using statistical programming languages (pandas, R, etc…) in an industry setting
Why Work Here?
- Flexible Remote Workplace- Trove’s flexible schedule and remote workplace allows employees to take control over their schedule, which is invaluable when it comes to attending to the needs of personal and work life needs.
- Unlimited PTO –Our unlimited vacation company policy allows employees to take as much leave as they need. Employees need time to rest and enjoy themselves outside work. Putting a cap on this important time doesn’t help our effort to achieve high levels of employee satisfaction and productivity.
- 401K- Employees can set aside pre-tax dollars to invest in a qualified retirement investment plan with a company match.
- Medical- Trove covers 100% of employee monthly premium.
- Equity/Share Options – The longer the employee works, the more stocks become available to purchase.
- Learning Fund- Exempt employees have access to a pool of funds to support execution of their self-development goals and objectives.
- Partner Discounts- Enjoy eligibility for Pro Accounts and various partner discounts from Patagonia, Arcteryx and Eileen FIsher
- Mission Driven- Work alongside passionate people to build the leading recommerce infrastructure and the circular economy.
Trove is proud to be an equal opportunity company but we don’t want to stop there. We strive to be an anti-racist company and we believe that diversity and gender balance will help us reach our full potential. At Trove we are building a company where we are not only proud of our mission, but how we are pursuing it. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status and we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.