What You’ll Be Working On:
- Supporting the development and international expansion of our next-generation, privacy-aware, Kappa-style data architecture using Kafka, PostgreSQL, AWS, and Confluent Platform.
- Integrating additional data sources and real-time event streams from internal and third-party systems.
- Developing and expanding novel compliance systems which allow us to fully audit and control how data travels internationally and how it is used analytically. We respect and carefully consider all applicable legal frameworks, patient consent, and patient privacy.
- Frequently communicating your efforts to the Data Engineering Lead and other technical/non-technical stakeholders in clear written, verbal, or presentation form.
- Becoming intimately familiar with HIPAA, GDPR, and other applicable regulatory frameworks and how they influence our architecture and development decisions.
- Living our data philosophy, which focuses on ethical decision making, being aware of how biased data (and assumptions) can affect results (and people), and being laser-focused on business needs.
What You Bring to Reify Health:
- At least 4 years of professional work experience in a role at a startup company dealing with regulated health data.
- Deep practical experience with AWS (Redshift, S3, MSK, etc.), Docker, Terraform, Kafka (and KStreams), and distributed systems.
- Expertise in Clojure in the context of data applications.
- Experience with systems engineering, orchestration, data architecture and modeling, and awareness of the nuances of testing and deploying distributed data architecture at scale.
- Notable open-source contributions to software used by the data engineering or data science communities.
- Advanced degree in a related field.
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive Salary and Stock Options Salary and stock options commensurate to your experience and expertise
- Remote First Our workforce is geographically distributed so that we are attractive to a broader population of candidates
- Flexible Hours Plan your workday as you wish, just give us the majority of your core, creative hours that coincide with that of your team
- Comprehensive Health/Wellness Coverage 100% premium coverage for you (and >50% for your dependents) for: Top-tier health plan (with option of HSA), Dental, Vision, Disability (short-term and long-term), Life insurance (for your entire tenure at Reify), 24/7 access to doctor by phone or online via telemedicine coverage
- Retirement Plan 401(k) plan with employer matching program
- Company-provided Workstation You will be issued a brand new MacBook Pro laptop
- Location Convenience & Transportation For employees who are local to Boston, and want to visit the office, we are located two blocks from Downtown Crossing. Free monthly T pass. Full suite of office accommodations provided by WeWork: unlimited coffee, infused water, and more
- Vacation and Holiday Flexibility Generous paid time-off policy that accrues with your tenure at Reify which includes holiday flexibility and parental leave