Eventbrite has the world’s largest data repository of live events, powering millions of events and hundreds of millions of ticket transactions each year in 170+ countries. You will play a key role in unlocking insights that can drive growth in these unprecedented times.
The Data Strategy Organization is a cross-functional group of Data Engineers, Scientists, and Analysts who collectively build and maintain data assets for the world’s largest collection of live events. The core data science team works closely with product, marketing, engineering, and sales to develop new data assets and models to improve our operational efficiencies as well as to build new data products to grow our competitive advantage and in turn, revenue.
We are looking for an experienced, inquisitive, and capable senior data scientist who exhibits exceptional technical know-how and strong business sense to join our team. As a member of this team, you will have an opportunity to work with passionate and resourceful data scientists in a dynamic environment. You will:
- Explore our large dataset to extract meaningful insights to identify opportunities for data-driven product development
- Explore various approaches, train models, create working prototypes, collect feedback, and iterate
- Collaborate with engineering teams to turn your models into production software at scale, deploy and monitor their performance
- Collaborate with product managers to design the most suitable machine learning solution to their problems
- Cultivate strong relationships with leaders and be willing to assume ownership and the drive to challenge existing ideas
- 4+ years of hands-on technical experience in a data science, machine learning engineer, or equivalent role
- Proficiency in SQL, Python and familiarity with standard machine learning and data processing packages
- Experience in code optimization, deployment, and monitoring production machine learning models
- Expert knowledge of machine learning, applied statistics, and A/B testing
- Strong communication and collaboration skills with team members and cross functional product partners
- Track record of leading successful cross functional projects
- Master’s or Ph.D. degree in Statistics, Operations Research, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics or a related field
- Experience with a deep learning framework
- Experience with two sided marketplaces
- Experience with recommendation systems
- Experience with AWS (DynamoDB, SageMaker) or equivalent
- Experience with Airflow
WHAT WE OFFER
At Eventbrite, we strive to support our Britelings and their loved ones through different stages of life with robust and attractive benefits, financial and physical wellness options, and great perks.
In addition to offering a competitive salary and company stock, we have other great benefits available. In the Briteland, you’ll find great medical plans, fertility and adoption benefits, wellness reimbursement, generous parental leave, on-site services, and much more.
We care about your mental health and wellbeing
Our employees enjoy free coaching sessions with Modern Health. We also offer free therapy sessions with a psychologist. You’ll also have access to private medical insurance for you and your family, that includes dental care. And if you like sports, we have our wellness program to pay for your gym expenses.
Ongoing training and career development is an important part of our culture
We offer unlimited access to courses in Udemy, language exchange programs, internal training, Briteling talks, workshops and weekly sessions with our CEO
Work-life balance is extremely important to us
Our employees can choose what works best for them: work in one of our offices, be fully remote or the best of both worlds! We believe in a flexible working environment to allow Britelings to perform at their best ensuring a healthy work-life balance. We have recently implemented Britebreak Fridays: all Britelings turn off their computers and take the first Friday of every month off to focus on their wellbeing.
Eventbrite is a global self-service ticketing and experience technology platform that serves a community of nearly one million event creators in over 180 countries. Since inception, Eventbrite has been at the center of the experience economy, transforming the way people organize and attend events. The Eventbrite platform provides an intuitive, secure, and reliable service that enables creators to plan and execute their live and online events, whether it’s an annual culinary festival attracting thousands of foodies, a professional webinar, a weekly yoga workshop or a youth dance class. With over 300 million tickets distributed to more than 4 million experiences in 2019, Eventbrite is where people all over the world discover new things to do or new ways to do more of what they love.
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT?
Eventbrite is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity. We do not discriminate based upon race, ethnicity, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, mental or physical disability, political affiliation, status as a victim of domestic violence, assault or stalking, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.