ClassDojo’s mission is to give every child on Earth an education they love.
We started by building a network that connects teachers, children, and families. ClassDojo’s flagship app is the #1 communication app connecting K-8 teachers, children, and families, globally. They use it to share what’s happening throughout the day through photos, videos, messages, and activities. It is actively used at an unprecedented scale: in over 95% of US schools, reaching ~51 million children in ~180 countries, all built by a team of 65 people ). We are now beginning to use this network to give kids the best learning experiences in the world, far beyond those a standard school can provide.
We hire for talent density. Our team comprises the most talented, entrepreneurial, and innovative teammates from around the world, with deep backgrounds in education and large scale consumer internet, including Instagram, Netflix, Dropbox, Uber, Y Combinator, and more. We’re building a company where the most talented people want to work. We believe you’ll do the best work of your life here—and you’ll pioneer the future of education, too.
What you’ll do:
Data is core to how ClassDojo makes decisions. As our next senior data scientist, you’ll help build the world’s leading consumer education business, one that is already reaching tens of millions of parents, teachers, and children. You’ll help grow ClassDojo to our next major milestone: serving 100 million+ active families, and 100 million+ in revenue, while deepening love for our brand.
The data science function at ClassDojo is an equal partner to product, engineering and design. As a senior leader on a high-performing, cross-functional team, you’ll shape the team’s strategic direction. You’ll tackle a broad range of product and business problems: uncovering unique user insights, identifying the right growth strategies in each of the 180+ countries we operate in, identifying and testing critical product improvements, and driving revenue results. You’ll also work with co-workers across the company to develop insights that inform strategy and decision-making across our entire business.
You can expect talented, motivated, intense and interesting co-workers; the work you’ll do will pioneer the future of education.
- Drive orders of magnitude of growth in ClassDojo’s network and revenue growth
- Design and analyze product experiments and improvements, working with cross-functional teams to translate insights into action
- Define product strategy and direction, in collaboration with cross-functional peers
- Empower teams with the skills and tools to get their own insights
You might be a good fit if:
- You have 5+ years experience in a data science or analytics role at a consumer company, ideally with a stint on a high quality growth team
- You have good business judgment
- You have the ability to write structured and efficient SQL queries on large data sets
- You have experience designing AB/multivariate tests and drawing actionable conclusions
- You possess strong written and verbal communication skills
- You have intellectual curiosity
- You have an inclination to move surprisingly fast
- Experience with data pipelines: transforming raw production and external data into user-friendly tables.
 Some more context:
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. In accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are happy to accommodate any disabilities or special needs. We are a distributed company, so we hire regardless of location, as long as you are willing to have significant hours overlap with one of the Americas time zones.