The world is changing at an accelerating rate. But we cannot take in the information fast enough, let alone make sense of it. We are fundamentally limited by the speed at which we read and write — the speed of human thought. The challenges facing decision-makers today require a radically new technology.
Primer is at the forefront of the natural language processing revolution. Our artificial intelligence platform is capable of reading text at a rate of millions of documents per hour, extracting information and updating a knowledge graph of billions of entities. It is capable of answering natural language questions and generating the first draft of natural language analytical reports in seconds. Our mission is to empower our customers by vastly reducing the cost of curiosity. What once took days of research can happen instantly.
Our customers include some of the world’s largest corporations, financial institutions, and government agencies in the world. You can learn more about Primer’s technology and the problems we solve at our blog, as well as in recent media coverage of our work.
From your first day, you’ll drive the technical implementation of a major feature. You might…
- … train and deploy new ML models to structure new facts from news documents
- … scale clustering algorithms to work on millions of documents at once
- … build summarization algorithms that work on document types we’ve never seen before
- … discover patterns of disinformation across news and social media, and propose product features that make it easier to uncover
- … bring our algorithms to many different languages
- Curiosity and enthusiasm, and a love for teaching and learning
- Strong programming skills, including in Python, with at least 3 years experience in a production engineering team
- Masters/Ph.D. in a quantitative field or at least 5 years building analytical/data driven products in an industry setting
- Skills in data exploration, visualization, and cleaning
- Experience applying machine learning algorithms to real data sets, preferably including text analysis and NLP
- Experience in using one or more of the following: NumPy, SciPy, Scikit-Learn, NLTK, SpaCy, TensorFlow, Keras, PyTorch
- Experience taking ambiguous problem statements through to delivered products
- Experience interacting with end users/clients or strong interest in doing so
- United States citizenship is required for this position as a result of contractual requirements with the United States government.
- Experience with ElasticSearch and Postgres
- Foreign language proficiency / fluency
What we offer
- Rapidly growing company, with opportunities for growth into leadership roles
- Health, Dental, Vision Benefits
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Smart, engaged co-workers who are at the top of their game
- Honest and open environment for exchange of ideas
- Real customers with global name recognition + healthy sales pipeline
- Proactive learning and teaching opportunities via individual book allowances, tech talks, and brown bag lunches
- Twice weekly catered lunches
- Team outings and bi-weekly company happy hours
- Fun, puzzle-loving office in the SF Financial District