Guru helps teams create and surface the knowledge they need to do their jobs in real time. With offices in Philadelphia and San Francisco, including a distributed team across the US, we are looking for a Sr. DevOps Engineer to be a core part of our build and release team.
As a Sr. DevOps Engineer you will help ensure that our Continuous Delivery Platform, pipelines, and supporting technologies are run efficiently and are built with scalability in mind. In addition, you will be expected to integrate with development teams from the ground floor to provide direction and improvement to current automation processes and procedures.
At Guru your voice will be heard and respected. One of our core values is “Learn and Grow” as we seek to reflect on past projects and find opportunities to where we can learn how to better communicate and work more effectively as a team. We actively promote a healthy work life balance especially during the global pandemic as we realize for many life and work are intertwined more than ever.
This position is not only about passion for clean code and developer productivity, it’s how well you handle the day to day responsibilities, it’s about how you lend your positivity and presence, combined with your skill set to an energized environment and highly collaborative team. Strong sense of humor required, sarcasm detection skills a plus.
- Help foster a decentralized DevOps culture that empowers engineers to share responsibility of infrastructure and operations
- Work collaboratively with developers to create resilient CI/CD pipelines to shorten release cycles promoting increased quality, stability, and productivity
- Make decisions that minimize operational overhead, reduces long term maintenance costs (through automation), and scales
- Build and maintain infrastructure, tools, and documentation that support a self-service and reusability mentality across teams
- Work with leaders across teams to identify bottlenecks in both process and development and provide solutions based on standard methodologies
- Ability to adapt to new situations and scenarios and quickly determine when to ‘buy vs build’
- Expose system, application, and product health through dashboards, visualizations, system monitoring, and alerting
- Participate in root cause analysis, post mortems, and retrospectives to identify high leverage prevention and improvement opportunities
- 7+ years of overall software engineering and/or operations experience
- 5+ years of CI/CD Engineering experience with excellent knowledge of deployment pipelines
- 3+ years with cloud tools (AWS, Google Cloud, Azure) and docker (AWS certifications/experience preferred)
- Proven understanding of proper security controls including server hardening, user permissions, and security best practices
- Proficiency with multiple deployment systems, Jenkins, CircleCI, CodeDeploy/Build, etc
- Extensive experience with AWS and familiarity with their offerings including ECS, lambda, Elasticsearch service, Aurora, Elasticache, Code* suite, kinesis, etc.
- Experience building and maintaining software in multiple languages such as UNIX shell scripting/Bash, Ruby, Python, etc.
- Experience with code repositories (Git), continuous integration tools
- Strong understanding of network fundamentals (networking & load balancing solutions)
- A desire to learn new skills and desire and ability to teach them to others
- Passion for scalable and reliable systems
- Natural preference for iterative development and approaches
Benefits to you:
- Competitive salary
- Employee Stock Option Plan
- Generous health, wellness, and commuter benefits
- The chance to contribute to an upbeat, fully engaged culture
Guru is a dynamic, fast growing start-up based in Philadelphia and San Francisco. Our mission is to reinvent the way people connect with meaningful information at work. Guru’s knowledge management solution provides customer-facing teams access to expert-verified information where they work and when they need it most. We believe in cultivating a welcoming, inclusive culture that encourages personal growth through working hard and having fun.
Launched in September 2015, our vision is backed by an amazing group of investors including FirstMark Capital, Salesforce, Michael Dell, the Slack Fund, Emergence Capital, Thrive Capital and Accel. As we enter the next exciting stage of expansion, we’re searching for passionate individuals to join our rapidly growing team.
This is a full-time position that can be Remote or based out of our Philadelphia or San Francisco offices. Re-location and/or Visa Sponsorship is not included in our hiring package. Applicants will need to be authorized to work in the US.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. All are welcome here. At Guru, being inclusive is very important to us. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, age, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identification, veteran status or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodation.