This is a remote position and can be located anywhere in the United States
SMILE DIGITAL HEALTH IS A POWERFUL AND FLEXIBLE PLATFORM
Smile Digital Health is a health technology company that reduces barriers between information and care for those who deliver or consume healthcare services and products and whose roles or care are hindered by fractured inaccessible or complex information systems.
Our clinical data repository is built around the HL7 FHIR standard for storing health records. It includes out-of-the-box enterprise-grade capabilities for terminology, security, audit and compliance, Lucene-based search, HL7 v2 to FHIR conversion, and more. It supports all FHIR resource types, the complete REST API, versioning, soft deletes, and other valuable features. Our partnerships include enterprises, research organizations, application developers, consultants, and integrators.
BE PART OF THE TEAM WORKING TOWARDS #BETTERGLOBALHEALTH
The Senior DevOps Engineer is responsible for the installation, configuration and integration of the Smile CDR platform into various customer environments and for providing solutions to various use cases.
- Build and deploy code for Smile CDR and associated services.
- Develop build scripts and infrastructure as code for various teams.
- Maintain build and deployment pipelines to ensure quality delivery of software and infrastructure.
- Collaborate with development, security operations and engineering teams to deliver products.
- Foster DevOps culture and champion an Everything as Code approach.
- Investigate and resolve any customer integration issues that arise during implementation.
- Document best practices and lessons learned to drive continuous improvement.
- Establish technical relationships with our development teams.
- Design, implement and maintain secure and scalable infrastructure templates and deployment pipelines.
- Provide ongoing maintenance and support of internal tools infrastructure and improve system health and reliability.
- Maintain thorough documentation on the development pipeline.
- Assist developers and engineers with deployments and builds as needed.
- 5+ years of experience in a DevOps Engineer role or similar software engineering role is preferred.
- Proficiency in Python is essential, along with good knowledge of Java Applications.
- Experience working with Gitlab CI/ CD and Jenkins is preferred.
- Ansible, Terraform or Chef, proficiency in Java, Golang, AWS Cloudformation and Azure ARM Templates would be beneficial.
- Able to prioritize and track multiple projects in parallel.
- Highly responsive and have a customer-first mindset.
Nice to Have:
- Knowledge of cloud service providers and best practices around implementation and configuration, preferably managing customer environments.
- Knowledge of operating and maintaining production systems in Linux and public cloud environments such as AWS, Azure, GCP or OCI.
- An understanding of Kubernetes or other Docker orchestration tools.
Smile Digital Health’s core values are respecting, embracing our differences, and celebrating our shared values. Our people are the foundation of our success, and we remain dedicated to building diverse and inclusive teams. We welcome and encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply. Please let us know if you require accommodations or have questions during the application or interview process.