KCL started in 2009 when two stay-at-home moms decided to reduce their grocery bill through couponing. Then they decided to blog about it. We’ve been enabling smart people to live like rich people ever since. In a nutshell: we make it easy to shop smarter.
About the role:
KCL is seeking a Senior Digital Content Editor to oversee our tips content. The ideal candidate is passionate about shopping, saving money and maximizing every dollar no matter how big or small the purchase.
We’re looking for a candidate who has experience managing a team of writers, is passionate about data and performance metrics, is organized and capable of driving high level strategy while being humble, and is willing to roll up their sleeves and work alongside the team. This role reports directly to the co-CEO.
KCL will currently consider remote applicants who reside in the following states: Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Ohio, Washington, Wisconsin. South Dakota or Utah.
In This Role You Will:
- Build and lead a team of digital content writers
- Ensure all KCL content is best of web: thoroughly researched, insightful, compelling and accurate.
- Create thorough creative briefs for new content
- Manage, mentor and motivate a team of content writers. Apply your knowledge to improve and make their content more effective.
- Be a sounding board, poke holes and ask questions that improve the content.
- Coach writers and optimize content for SEO performance.
- Lead out on gap analyses by topic, pitch new content ideas.
- Give structural, research, style and tone feedback to ensure all content makes it easy to shop smarter
- Drive your team toward the goals of increasing views and reducing bounce rate across editorial content.
- Drive performance and strategy with metrics. Make data accessible to teams. Keep top line KPIs (views, output, bounce) in every meeting.
- Bring a methodical approach to planning content that will help achieve ambitious goals.
- Using Asana, maintain 3-6 months worth of work at a time for each vertical. Support a cohesive editorial calendar for the full team.
- 3 years experience managing a digital media team.
- 5 years digital writing or editing experience.
- A passion for research.
- A master at writing effective headlines that drive action.
- Insatiable appetite for details and getting to the bottom of a topic.
- Sound and up to date SEO expertise.
- Ability to set, manage and hold others accountable to firm deadlines.
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment and adapt to last-minute changes.
- Make day-to-day purchasing decisions for your household.
We’ve built a unique company culture that combines sarcasm and shenanigans with high productivity and innovation. Our headquarters sits on the greenbelt adjacent to the beautiful Boise River, and yes, our team would love to go on a long walk with you.
We’re looking for self-motivated individuals who can work in a scrappy, fast-paced environment, where egos and org charts are not allowed. If you’ve got brains plus drive and you can admit three work tasks you’re genuinely bad at, you have the self-awareness we’re looking for. At KCL, we never expect perfection, only humility and transparency.
If you like autonomy and a challenge, we think you’ll love it here.