Who we are
Our mission at Sourcegraph is to make it so that everyone can code, not just ~0.1% of the population. Our code intelligence platform helps developers and companies with billions of lines of code create the software you use every day. In enabling more people to code, we believe we will create economic opportunity across the world and will drive progress that benefits everyone.
It’s an exciting time to join Sourcegraph. Our company is growing rapidly: we’ve experienced exponential growth and our $125M Series D from Andreessen Horowitz and $50M Series C from Sequoia have given us the opportunity to make big ambitious bets on our future. We have a huge market (every company that builds software) and massive opportunity (most developers haven’t even heard of code intelligence yet, but once you’ve used it, you can’t live without it–just like Google). By continuing to hire exceptional people, we have the opportunity to make Sourcegraph one of the biggest technology companies in the world.
Given that we are an all-remote company and hire almost anywhere in the world, we don’t have a location or working hour requirement for this role.
Who we are
Our mission at Sourcegraph is to make it so that everyone can code, not just ~0.1% of the population. We help developers and companies with billions of lines of code create the software you use every day. In enabling more people to code, we believe we will create economic opportunity across the world and will drive progress that benefits everyone.
It’s an exciting time to join Sourcegraph. Our company is growing rapidly: we’ve experienced 4x year-over-year revenue growth with zero customer churn, and our $50M Series C from Sequoia has given us the opportunity to make big ambitious bets on our future. We have a huge market (every company that builds software) and massive opportunity (most developers haven’t even heard of code search yet, but once you’ve used it, you can’t live without it–just like Google web search). By continuing to hire exceptional people, we have the opportunity to make Sourcegraph one of the biggest technology companies in the world.
Why this job is exciting
At Sourcegraph, we believe demand generation is much more than lead capture. We’re focused on building a holistic experience that emphasizes delight, gives away our best content for free, and “converts” our prospects through hands-on use of the product. This isn’t your typical B2B digital marketing gig.
We’re looking for a Senior Digital Marketing Manager to evolve our digital strategy and design online experiences that delight our audience. This is an opportunity to iterate on a solid foundation of demand generation best practices in partnership with teammates across operations, brand, content, and product.
In this role, you’ll take ownership of architecting integrated campaigns across email, web, and paid channels. You will also own the execution of all paid campaigns in partnership with our ad agency and drive a lot of the testing and optimization work that is foundational to what we do here.
This is an individual contributor role reporting into the Director of Demand Generation. Expect to have plenty of freedom. We hire the best and expect you to take ownership of the business, identify which challenges to tackle first, and do work that matters.
Within one month, you will…
- Partner closely with our external digital agencies and ad partners
- Build close cross-functional relationships within the Sales and Marketing teams (most notably the content and content platform teams)
- Have a full understanding of our past and present digital programs including strategy, content, and performance
- Partner with your operations counterparts to enhance existing paid media reporting
- Understand your team’s current priorities and how to collaborate on shared goals
- Understand our product and be able to communicate its benefits
- Takeo wnership of digital ad spend budgets
- Own partnerships with digital ad spend agency partners
- Launch your first digital campaigns
Within three months, you will…
- Partner with our content platform team to optimize the site for organic and paid search conversions
- Launch at least five digital campaigns
- Work with your teammates to optimize our audience segmentation
- Own a portion of the paid media budget to use at your discretion
- Improve our paid search program based on new content, use cases, and priorities
- Actively test new channels and messaging, using data to validate the channel/message efficacy
- Partner with growth marketing counterparts to organize, prioritize, and forecast experiment output
Within six months, you will…
- Develop roadmaps for: channel optimization, creative testing, landing page optimization, and audience expansion across channels to ensure performance targets are met
- Use insights and data from your programs to influence campaign strategy and goal-setting
- Develop a repeatable framework for intake, prioritization, execution, and sharing of digital marketing projects
- Share results and their implications on the business along with thoughtful recommendations in how we adjust our efforts
Within one year, you will…
- Develop a blueprint for activating demand programs across our web ecosystem
- Partner with SEO function to build and ship an integrated search strategy
- Feel a deep sense of belonging within your team and the company
You are an experienced digital marketer who’s eager to try something new. You understand all of the best practices, but are not afraid to take risks. Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to understand all of the tools at your disposal and know how to use them to drive results. In this case, results look like driving engagement within our web ecosystem and optimizing the journey from visitor to user to customer. The KPIs you’ll be working with are things like traffic, sign-ups, and product use, as well as engagement and even awareness metrics like reach. We’re really looking for someone who’s comfortable managing programs that engage users throughout the entire lifecycle.
You are high-agency and you understand that you’ve been brought in to be an expert of your craft. You know how to communicate your big ideas and rally folks around you to support in the execution. This also means you’re pretty meticulous when it comes to attention to detail and are comfortable project managing your work.
- You’ve worked in B2B tech marketing and are very familiar with developer and decision maker personas
- You are an expert at managing paid media strategies across search, social, programmatic, podcasts, and content syndication
- You have hands-on experience executing paid media campaigns in ad platforms and direct with publishers and are comfortable doing that type of work
- You’ve owned the day-to-day relationship with ad agencies
- You have managed ABM, vertical, and other segment-based digital programs across paid, email, and web campaigns
- You’ve built paid media reports from scratch and are familiar with paid media reporting tools like DataStudio, Datorama, Supermetrics, etc.
- You’re an expert in Google Analytics and UTM strategy
- You’ve managed large advertising budgets across multiple vendors
- You’re totally comfortable recommending digital budgets and forecasting performance based on experience and past performance
- You’ve owned testing roadmaps and run A/B and multivariate marketing campaign tests, including ad copy, landing page, and bidding tests
- You’ve collaborated with Brand and Content teams to come up with cool ideas, message tests, and ad campaigns
- You have the ability to analyze and synthesize complex data and communicate findings to all levels throughout the organization
- You keep up to date with developer culture and trends to inform new creative and channel strategies
Nice to haves:
- Experience managing global programs
- Experience executing campaigns in multiple languages
- Experience at a product-led growth organization
Interview process [~4 hour total interview]
Below is the interview process you can expect for this role (you can read more about the types of interviews in our Handbook). It may look like a lot of steps, but rest assured that we move quickly and the steps are designed to help you get the information needed to determine if we’re the right fit for you… Interviewing is a two-way street, after all!
- Intro Conversation Stage – we have initial conversations to get to know you better…
- Team Interview Stage – we then delve into your experience in more depth and introduce you to members of the team…
- [30 min] interview with Lindsay Murphy [Product Marketing]
- [30 min] Interview with Fabiana Castellanos [Project Manager, Brand]
- [30 min] Interview with Steph Hay [Sales Strategy and Operations Manager]
- [30 min] Values Interview
- Final Interview Stage – we move you to our final round, where you meet cross-functional partners and gain a better understanding of our business and values holistically…
- [30 min] Leadership Call with Gregg Stone [Head of Sales]
- And that’s it! Please note – you are welcome to request additional conversations with anyone you would like to meet, but didn’t get to meet during the interview process.
Not sure if this is you?
We want a diverse, global team, with a broad range of experience and perspectives. If this job sounds great, but you’re not sure if you qualify, apply anyway! We carefully consider every application, and will either move forward with you, find another team that might be a better fit, keep in touch for future opportunities, or thank you for your time.
Learn more about us
To create a product that serves the needs of all developers, we are building a diverse all-remote team that is distributed across the world. Sourcegraph is an equal opportunity workplace; we welcome people from all backgrounds and communities.
Learn more about what it is like to work at Sourcegraph by reading our handbook.
We want to ensure Sourcegraph is an environment that suits your working style and empowers you to do your best work, so we are eager to answer any questions that you have about us at any point in the interview process.
Go back to the careers page for all open positions.