We believe that all teams deserve access to the best information to do their jobs, and that Guru can help them get just that! Do you want to help us get Guru into the hands of every company that could benefit from using it?
As Guru’s Senior Director of Acquisition Marketing, you will lead our Growth Marketing organization’s strategy for new account and business growth. You will help mentor and collaborate with your team while working closely with cross-functional leaders, all to maximize and drive accelerated top-of-funnel growth. This role will report directly to our VP of Marketing.
About our go-to-market: prospective customers can discover, try out, and purchase Guru in several ways. Demand gen, paid marketing, outbound, SEO, content, and marketing ops all sit with Growth Marketing; not only maximizing those channels, but also expanding our horizons to creatively accelerate Guru’s new customer base. We are a PLG business with both self-serve and sales-led buying motions in a high-growth B2B SaaS space.
Ideally, the more sophisticated the challenge, the more comfortable you are. You are a creative leader who is genuinely empathetic and constantly curious, with a keen ability to identify and frame problems in a way that brings out the best in those around you!
- Provide and execute on growth vision, not just for the members of your marketing team, but for the broader organization of GTM contributors and partners.
- Establishing a scalable growth strategy: crafting and executing on an acquisition strategy that delivers on both our self-serve targets and our sales pipeline targets (largely mid-market buyers). This will include content and SEO, paid marketing, co-marketing, sponsorships, and more
- Understand Guru’s market, as well as familiar patterns and behaviors of best-in-class acquisition strategies that can inspire our own
- Testing and iterating: leading our marketing testing and optimization efforts, including, but not limited to, channel expansion, CRO on site, and more
- Leading a hard-working team: fostering an engaged team by setting a strategic plan, mentoring, and collaborating with the individuals on our growth marketing team
- Handle hiring, onboarding and improving the growth marketing team’s output, culture, and processes
- Contribute to the team’s cultural values, while demonstrating them every day through your actions
- Budgeting, forecasting, tracking, and reporting: as the marketing leader responsible for our GTM strategy, you will own building our budgets, spend allocation, and forecasts, along with maintaining our tracking and pacing against targets, reporting on OKRs, and holding the team accountable for the shared key results.
- Building eb and martech strategy: making shared key decisions around our web priorities, our MarTech and marketing operations approach, and future investments
- Leading partner: champion partner marketing, co-marketing, and sponsorship investments with product marketing and customer marketing teams
- Strategic leader: contributing to our product, sales, and finance leaders to build and execute our GTM plan
- 10+ years of marketing experience, primarily spent in B2B SaaS and working at companies with both self-serve and sales motions.
- Experience directly building and managing high-performing teams
- Experience running acquisition strategy for both an account-based motion and a product-led motion
- Ability to forecast, monitor, and budget to prioritize investments across multiple marketing channels and initiatives. Experience modeling and projecting performance across top-of-funnel and mid-funnel programs is a plus.
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills with an impeccable eye for detail
- Experience building a 0-1 acquisition strategy with new, untested channels
- Extensive experience using marketing automation, Salesforce, reporting tools, project management, and knowledge management
- Comfortable with quick decision-making and curious with an always-be-testing mentality; knowledge of the scientific method to run effective A/B tests across multiple channels
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to build strong relationships with external and internal partners on the go-to-market team
Benefits to you:
- Competitive salary
- Employee Stock Option Plan
- Generous health and commuter benefits
- The chance to contribute to an upbeat, fully engaged culture
Guru is a dynamic, fast growing start-up based in Philadelphia and San Francisco. Our mission is to reinvent the way people connect with meaningful information at work. Guru’s knowledge management solution provides customer-facing teams access to expert-verified information where they work and when they need it most. We believe in cultivating a welcoming, inclusive culture that encourages personal growth through working hard and having fun.
Launched in September 2015, our vision is backed by an amazing group of investors including FirstMark Capital, Salesforce, Michael Dell, the Slack Fund, Emergence Capital, Thrive Capital and Accel. As we enter the next exciting stage of expansion, we’re searching for passionate individuals to join our rapidly growing team.
This is a full-time position located in our Philadelphia or San Francisco or Fully Remote. Re-location and/or Visa Sponsorship is not included in our hiring package. Applicants will need to be authorized to work in the US.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
All are welcome here. At Guru, being inclusive is very important to us. Regardless of race, age, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identification, or background.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodation.