BentoBox empowers restaurants to own their presence, profits and relationships. Our hospitality platform disrupts third-party services that come between the restaurant and the guest. We put the restaurant first and offer tools that drive high-margin revenue directly through the restaurant’s website. BentoBox is trusted and loved by over 6,000 restaurants worldwide including The Meatball Shop, Gramercy Tavern, and Eleven Madison Park. The CEO of Bentobox, Krystle Mobayeni, was a web designer most of her career, and is dedicated to bringing the highest-quality design to our product offerings.
As part of our Business Operations (BizOps) practice, this role is focused on identifying high-impact business opportunities for BentoBox, primarily leveraging quantitative analytics and grounded in qualitative research. Responsibilities include a mix of proactive problem solving and reactive strategic support. This role is responsible for a small team, will build out and define Strategy & Analytics best-practice, reports to the COO and will work closely with the executive team.
The right candidate will be able to operate in a fast-paced environment and add structure to ambiguity in order to create value. You know how to decompose a messy business problem into logical questions that can be answered with data. You can navigate a modern Business Intelligence (BI) stack and identify critical signals that need to be actioned quickly. You can think strategically, and yet have a meticulous eye for detail. You are comfortable working cross-functionally and building strong relationships to drive change and influence without authority.
- Cut through ambiguity to clearly define problems, structure analyses, synthesize key takeaways and get to a recommendation
- Leverage a data-driven approach that embraces both quantitative research and qualitative feedback from internal/external stakeholders to drive business outcomes
- Provide analytics support for a consolidated operations team that supports BentoBox’s go-to-market (GTM) functions: Marketing, Sales, and Success
- Lead a high-impact Strategy & Analytics team that can solve tough, complex problems for a growth-stage startup
- Lead by example and define best-practices for usage of SQL and Looker
- Manage cross-functional strategic projects from end-to-end, ensuring efforts are appropriately prioritized and using data to evaluate and enhance project efficacy
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional leaders from Marketing, Sales, and Customer Success to ensure work is completed on-time and that each functional area is set-up for long-term success
- Flex and adapt as the organizations’ needs and priorities shift; be willing to play multiple roles to support project execution and enablement
- Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis on coursework of a quantitative nature (e.g. finance, economics, mathematics, engineering/computer science, or other relevant fields)
- Demonstrated track record of creating business impact by leveraging analytics (e.g. optimizing channel mix using multi-touch attribution models, redesigning packaging & pricing, developing likelihood-to-churn models)
- Exceptional ability to add structure to ambiguous problems and logically structure a business case based on data-driven insights
- Team leadership experience, particularly building out small, high-impact analytics organizations
- Versatile communication skills and executive presence, able to present complex quantitative conclusions simply to various audiences, from cross-functional meetings to company-all hands
- Humility and expertise enough to know when a given question can’t be answered with data
- Masters degree in math, statistics, economics, data science or business (MBA) with a quantitative concentration (e.g. business statistics, marketing analytics)
- Previous experience in startup analytics / strategy, investment banking, private equity and/or management consulting
- Experience working with complex data pipelines including data from multiple sources e.g. SFDC + ERPs + product usage databases
- Proficiency in a statistical programming language, particularly R or Python
- Experience working with a modern data stack, particularly Snowflake, DBT, and Looker
- Demonstrated track record of using more advanced analytical techniques (e.g. simulation, machine learning, causal inference), as well as the good judgement to know when simpler methods are appropriate
What We Offer
- Competitive salary + equity
- Health insurance (medical, dental, and vision) – BentoBox covers 100% of healthcare premium costs
- 401k plan with company match
- Life insurance and disability plans
- Commuter benefits
- Flexible vacation plan
- Paid parental leave
- Professional development opportunities, including a yearly learning stipend
- Perks when dining with BentoBox customers such as tip reimbursement
- Making a positive impact on the hospitality community
BentoBox is committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
BentoBox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.