Etsy is the global marketplace for unique and creative goods. We build, power, and evolve the tools and technologies that connect entrepreneurs with buyers around the world. As an Etsy employee, you’ll tackle unique problems alongside talented coworkers committed to Keeping Commerce Human. We’re large enough that you’ll focus on meaningful, complex challenges, but small enough that you can make a rewarding impact.
The Payments team at Etsy is committed to crafting and maintaining a resilient, frictionless and scalable payments platform. Available in 43 countries, Etsy Payments enables buyers and sellers to transact in 19 currencies and offers 12 different methods to pay for items on our site.
We support the growth and operations of Etsy Payments as an agile and multifaceted product and affords our buyers and sellers the protection they expect. It’s an exciting environment with the opportunity to effect change on an Etsy-sized scale!
About the Role
- You will be a critical early hire to a new Payments squad in Dublin and will help others around you grow as developers and be successful.
- You will build and maintain code responsible for the operation of critical systems that process billions of dollars in payments and require around-the-clock availability.
- You will collaborate with other engineers within your team and across Payments to make effective use of our infrastructure and platforms, and also with other product teams that are building on our payments platform.
- You will develop integration solutions for vendor products across multiple global initiatives.
- You have experience working on a large scale, high performance and fault-tolerant systems.
- Experience working with vendor integrations, especially tax is a strong plus.
- You’re an engineer who can turn ideas into extremely fast and reliable code that other people – or you, six months into the future – will find it easy to comprehend and modify.
- You care as much about building great products as you do writing great code.
- Code quality is critically important to you, and you can help your team and others improve the quality of existing codebases.
- Have a knack for organization and breaking down large problems into smaller ones.
- Can be autonomous, self-driven and a fast learner.
- Can confidently communicate efficiently and effectively.
- Can spin yarns about how you’ve done this right and wrong at your previous jobs. And we’ll give bonus points if you can actually spin yarn.
- Enjoy learning about and interacting with the people who use your product.
If you’re interested in joining the team at Etsy, please send a cover letter and resume telling us why you’d be right for the position. As you’ve hopefully seen already, Etsy is a place that values individuality and variety. We don’t want you to be like everyone else — we want you to be like you! So write to us and tell us what you’re all about.
At Etsy, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. We encourage people from all backgrounds, ages, abilities, and experiences to apply. Etsy is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy or caregiver status, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application and interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. While Etsy supports visa sponsorship, sponsorship opportunities may be limited to certain roles and skillsets.