Guru is looking for a Senior Engineering Manager to be a part of the core Product Engineering management team. If you have a passion for inspiring teams with your technical vision around building products with great user experiences, we’d love to hear from you.
At Guru your voice will be heard and respected. One of our core values is “Learn and Grow” as we strive to continually find opportunities to learn how we can better communicate and work more effectively as a team. We actively promote a healthy work life balance, especially during the global pandemic, as we realize for many life and work are intertwined more than ever.
As a Senior Engineering Manager at Guru, you will be part of the engineering leadership team and responsible for:
- Ensuring your direct reports are executing quickly, effectively, and healthily towards delivering results through bi-weekly 1:1s
- Empowering and supporting the engineering managers and team leads in mentoring and managing their own teams effectively towards results.
- Setting policies and goals as an engaged member of the company leadership team.
- Collaborating with engineering leadership to create and communicate the vision, high-level roadmap, and technical strategy for the team, ensuring every engineer understands how their project contributes to our company’s goals.
- Monitoring engineering execution and delivery across all teams, identifying risks and solutions, and driving improvements with engineers and managers.
- Ensure Engineering-led tasks are part of the road-mapping process as necessary.
- Identify common patterns of inefficiency across the Engineering organization and suggest improvements and plans to upper management.
- Leading strategy and vision for recruitment and identify technical skills gaps for recruitment and upskilling current team members.
- Building a culture rewarding strategic failure as well as success.
- 3-7 years experience leading an engineering team
- A deep understanding of how multi-functional teams work at a SaaS product company
- A strong understanding of engineering methodologies, ideally having worked as a software engineer at some point in your career.
- Experience and a deep interest in leading initiatives for improving Guru engineering process, speed, quality, execution, and delivery.
- Experience leading recruiting initiatives, as well as growing and organizing engineering teams.
- You are business focused. You are able to make decisions that achieve business goals while considering time, budget and overall impact
- You are a strong communicator. You have a positive attitude and are empathetic
- You are self-motivated. You identify and solve problems with little or no guidance
- You have strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- You demonstrate self-awareness and a desire to improve
Benefits to you:
- Competitive salary
- Employee Stock Option Plan
- Generous health, wellness, and commuter benefits
- Dog Friendly Offices
- The chance to contribute to an upbeat, fully engaged culture
- Be a part of a winning team, failure is not an option
Guru is a dynamic, fast growing start-up based in Philadelphia and San Francisco. Our mission is to reinvent the way people connect with meaningful information at work. Guru’s knowledge management solution provides customer-facing teams access to expert-verified information where they work and when they need it most. We believe in cultivating a welcoming, inclusive culture that encourages personal growth through working hard and having fun.
Launched in September 2015, our vision is backed by an amazing group of investors including FirstMark Capital, Salesforce, Michael Dell, the Slack Fund, Emergence Capital, Thrive Capital and Accel. As we enter the next exciting stage of expansion, we’re searching for passionate individuals to join our rapidly growing team.
This is a full-time position that can be Remote or based out of our Philadelphia or San Francisco offices. Re-location and/or Visa Sponsorship is not included in our hiring package. Applicants will need to be authorized to work in the US.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. All are welcome here. At Guru, being inclusive is very important to us. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, age, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identification, veteran status or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at email@example.com to request accommodation.