NerdWallet’s business is built on trust. Our customers trust us with highly sensitive personal information including SSNs, bank account numbers, etc. Not only do we take it seriously to securely protect our customer’s data, we go above and beyond to make security a business differentiator.
Where you can make an impact:
- Report to the CISO/VP of Security and help build world class security programs for AppSec, InfraSec, CorpSec, Incident Response and Compliance.
- Determine staffing requirements, recruit, hire and manage the overall security organization.
- Own and drive the overall security posture of NerdWallet. Must be able to identify current needs, anticipate future needs, articulate risk and put together a balanced security plan based on business risk.
- An effective communicator with ability to convey complex security related concepts to technical and nontechnical audiences alike. You have excellent communication, collaboration and interpersonal skills with the ability to influence at all levels.
- Driven, organized, and resourceful with a “can-do” attitude, and demonstrate the ability to thrive in operating through ambiguity.
- We are cloud-native– built/deployed on AWS, all IT services are SaaS based. Use your deep security knowledge to protect this environment.
- Self driven, motivated, and looking for new challenges to develop your career.
We recognize not everyone will have all of these requirements. If you meet most of the criteria below and you’re excited about the opportunity and willing to learn, we’d love to hear from you.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related fields.
- 7+ years of relevant experience in information security with experience developing and maturing information security programs.
- Experience with designing and implementing corporate wide infosec policies and procedures.
- Proven Track record in partnering with recruiting to build strong security engineering teams.
- Actively coached and mentored team members in their careers.
- Participated in customer audits and respond to infosec questionnaires as part of the RFP process.
- Experience implementing ISO 27001 certification and SSAE 18 SOC audits.
- 5+ years of experience driving secure code development and best practices within an Engineering and DevOps organization.
- This role will be based in San Francisco, CA or remote (based in the U.S.).
- We believe great work can be done anywhere. No matter where you are based, NerdWallet offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your family.
What we offer:
Work hard, stay balanced (Life’s a series of balancing acts, eh?)
- 100% paid premiums for medical, dental and vision for employees and their dependents
- Rejuvenation Policy – Flexible Time Off + 12 holidays + Mental Health Days
- New Parent Leave for employees with a newborn child or a child placed with them for adoption or foster care
- Mental health support through Ginger.io
- Paid sabbatical for Nerds to recharge, gain knowledge and pursue their interests
- Health and Dependent Care FSA and HSA with monthly NerdWallet contribution
- Weekly Virtual Bootcamp, Yoga and Mindfulness Meditation sessions
- Monthly Wellness Stipend and Cell Phone Stipend
Have some fun! (Nerds are fun, too)
- Nerd-led group initiatives – Intramural Sports, Employee Resource Groups for Parents, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, Women, LGBTQIA, and other communities
- Hackathons, Happy Hours and team bonding across all teams and departments
- Company-wide events like Little Nerds Day (aka bring your kids to work day, even if you’re remote!) and our annual Charity Auction
Lifestyle (Be your best self – we’ll take care of the details)
- Our Nerds love to make an impact by paying it forward – Donate to your favorite causes with a company match
- WiFi Stipend, Work from home equipment stipend, and co-working space subsidy
- Commuting stipend and catered breakfast, lunch and onsite barista for SF based Nerds
- Anniversary recognition program – choose from different items and experiences
Plan for your future (And when you retire on your island, remember the little people)
- 401K with company match
- Annual Enrichment Stipend for learning and development
- Be the first to test and benefit from our new financial products and tools
- Access to Rocket Lawyer for online legal support and resources
NerdWallet is committed to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.