We are looking for a Senior Event Marketing Manager to join our team. You’ll work closely with our leadership team, key internal spokespeople, external thought leaders and VIP community members and customers to create compelling event opportunities. You will collaborate with Growth, Sales, and Customer Success teams to execute an end-to-end event strategy.
- A team player who can align cross-functional priorities, while collaborating with others to execute phenomenal events.
- A logistics nerd who pays attention to detail, has strong organization skills, and prioritizes driving outcomes.
- A great communicator who understands the value of integrated event messaging, and finds creative ways to reach our target audience.
Key responsibilities include:
- Research key industry events and programs (e.g. webinars, podcasts) and develop a yearly roadmap of events and corresponding budget
- Work with the Growth team to tie event plans around partner and marketing initiatives
- Project manage all event logistics for all internal and external events we participate in; responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Work with content and community team to determine Remote’s goals and positioning
- Work with Product Marketing to develop event messaging, talk descriptions, and tactics
- Work with the design team to create necessary event assets
- Manage event promotions, such as emails and social media
- Build a bench of internal speakers, what topics they specialize in (subject matter expertise), and identify programming for continued development
- Continue to optimize event processes and documentation
- Scoping of potential proprietary or co-located event(s)
- Conducting thorough event recaps, reviewing key event metrics like lead generation and co-partnership referral data
- Thinking ‘outside the box’ and being creative in the ways that we tie our event strategy to other initiatives that we are pursuing as a team
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in event marketing, for both digital and in-person events.
- Experience in both 3rd party (tradeshow) and proprietary (user conference, internal company kickoffs) event planning and management.
- Strong writing and communication skills for multiple, diverse audiences.
- Excellent prioritization and project management skills with a high degree of conscientiousness and eye for detail.
- Skills at managing relationships at all levels of seniority, from executives at large enterprises to your peers at Remote.
- A focus on driving outcomes.
- Experience with Hubspot customer segmentation and the marketing platform is a plus.
- Passion for remote work and a global outlook strongly preferred.
Remote work culture
- A fair and competitive salary
- The equipment/tools you need to do your job well and comfortable (MacBook, screen, peripherals)
- Unlimited paid time off
- Flexible working hours
- Home office setup
- Health insurance
- Training allowance
- You’ll report to: Sr. Director of Product Marketing and Community
- Team: Growth
- Location: Anywhere in the World
- Start date: As soon as possible
- (async) Profile review
- Interview with recruiter
- Interview with future manager
- Interview with team members
- Interview with VP of Growth
- (async) Offer
- Reference calls
How to apply
Please fill out the form below. Don’t forget to add your CV (ideally as a PDF) and a cover letter (at most a single page) explaining why do you think there’s a match between this particular role and your profile. Thank you!
Remote is solving global remote organizations’ biggest challenge: employing anyone anywhere compliantly. We make it possible for businesses big and small to employ a global team by handling global payroll, benefits, taxes, and compliance (learn more about how it works). We’re backed by A+ investors and our team is world-class, literally and figuratively, as we’re all scattered around the world. Please check out our public handbook to learn more about our culture. We encourage folks from all ethnic groups, genders, sexuality, age and abilities to apply. If this job description resonates with you, we want to hear from you!
How we work
We love working async and this means you get to do your own schedule.
The Remote Engineering team uses a simple approach to productivity and task management and you can read more about it in The Remote Flow.
We empower ownership and proactivity and when in doubt default to action instead of waiting.