RStudio creates great software that helps people understand data and make better decisions in real-world applications. Our core is an open-source data science toolchain, and we aim to make it available to everyone, regardless of their economic means.
The mission of our Finance team is to provide high quality, timely, accurate, clear and complete financial statements, analyses and financial information in accordance with all applicable laws, regulations and U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles in order to meet the Company’s internal, external and regulatory financial reporting obligations. We operate with high-integrity and provide our internal and external stakeholders with responsive, direct and honest communication.
As we grow, we are looking to add another member to this talented and dedicated team. The FP&A Manager will play a key role in our growing team, establishing a more robust financial planning processes and contributing to a collaborative team culture focused on driving continuous improvement in both the business and the finance organization.
The ideal candidate will have 4 to 7 years of relevant financial experience working in a corporate FP&A role in a software company; including budgeting, forecasting, planning, analysis, and building financial models.
Reporting to the VP of Finance, the FP&A Manager will be a key participant in the creation of the company’s annual budgets and long-term plans, prepare detailed financial analysis against budgeted, forecasted and prior period results, and develop KPI’s that will provide management with analytical tools to establish goals and measure the performance of the company. This role will act as a financial business partner to cross-functional areas of the organization including Sales, Engineering, and People Operations.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following areas:
- Develop three statement financial models to support valuation, long-term planning, and forecasting.
- Develop annual operating budget, including communicating planning assumptions and timeline, analyzing results, and preparing presentations to Management.
- Develop and maintain a detailed cash forecast.
- Prepare timely and accurate monthly reporting and variance analysis for key financial and operational metrics, understanding performance drivers against budget, forecast and prior periods.
- Develop and prepare KPIs/metrics to understand trends, risks and opportunities.
- Develop detailed analysis for monthly expense trend data.
- Work closely with business partners to ensure proactive profitability management.
- Prepare compensation and headcount analysis.
- Support and contribute to month-end close/reporting activities and variance analysis including accrual activities.
- Gain deep understanding of the business, providing analytical support for business decisions, assessments and product pricing scenarios.
- Assist senior management with the preparation of board presentations.
- Complete ad-hoc reporting and analytical support for the finance and business teams.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting required; CFA or MBA preferred.
- 4-7 years of relevant financial experience; including budgeting, forecasting, planning, analysis, and building financial models.
- Strong understanding of SaaS metrics.
- Experience with Adaptive Insights and NetSuite.
- Strong time management and the ability to meet tight deadlines with limited supervision.
- Understanding of software revenue recognition concepts.
- Demonstrated ability to be proactive, analytical, and use critical and strategic thinking to solve complex problems.
- Shows initiative by seeking ways to improve processes and data analysis.
- Strong collaboration skills in order to establish key partnerships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Possess excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Strong Proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary with great benefits including medical/dental/vision insurance (100% of premiums covered), 401k matching, home office allowance, 12 weeks of paid leave for new parents, and a profit-sharing plan.
- 100% remote (or come in to one of our offices in Seattle or Boston), minimal travel.
- Pick your hardware — we want to equip you with the tools to do your best work.
- Flexible environment with a “take what you need” vacation policy.
Working at RStudio:
The people of RStudio share a common set of beliefs that inform our work:
- Three powerful forces — the enthusiastic engagement we enjoy from our open-source community; the trusted relationships we have built with our commercial customers; and the well-being and commitment of our team — carry equal weight in how we define and measure our success.
- We make thoughtful and sustainable financial decisions, because the long-term health of our business is what will enable us to deliver work that benefits our community, our customers, and our team for years to come.
- We don’t believe in hierarchical command and control. RStudio is bound together by our shared mission, not an office address or set of organizational charts.
- While we insist on producing consistently excellent work, we know that the journey to get there may be different for each person and team. We provide space for both focused time and active collaboration in our day-to-day work.
- We treat our customers, community members, and colleagues with kindness, humility, transparency, and integrity. We also try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are committed to maintaining a respectful, inclusive, and open environment that enables amazing contributions — not just within our own company, but across the global, diverse communities and customers that we serve.
We encourage applicants of different backgrounds, cultures, genders, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical disability, or length of time spent unemployed.