HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build tools to ease these decisions by presenting solutions that span the gaps. Our tools manage both physical machines and virtual machines, Windows, and Linux, SaaS and IaaS, etc.
Engineering at HashiCorp is largely a remote team. While prior experience working remotely isn’t required, we are looking for team members who perform well given a high level of independence and autonomy.
Consul helps organizations automate network configurations, discover services, and enable secure connectivity across any cloud or runtime. We recently launched Hashicorp Consul Service on Azure, a fully managed application available through the Azure marketplace. We’ve also announced the availability of Consul on AWS through our flagship HashiCorp Cloud Platform (HCP), a self-service, fully managed platform offering HashiCorp products as a service to automate infrastructure on any cloud.
You’ll be part of a team that owns the set of microservices that run Consul as a service on various clouds, including Hashicorp Consul Service on Azure and HCP Consul on AWS. You’ll work with a cross functional team of engineers and designers to contribute to our UI. We are building a Cloud offering which will include a lot of UI flows typical in what you would find in a SaaS app. The main areas of your work include:
- Building high-quality and performant user interfaces that drive Consul product specific functionality at cloud.hashicorp.com
- Collaborating with product designers on shaping the flows during the design process
- Collaborating with other front end engineers in the organization around best practices and shared components
- Collaborating with other engineers on the team on driving API changes necessary to build the best user experience for our users
We are a small team so it is likely that you would also be required to work on quite a few ad-hoc tasks as and when they present themselves. This role also has the opportunity to grow into either more front-end work or back-end depending on your interests and experience.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Work across our product, primarily on the front-end (Ember)
- Work with HashiCorp products such as Terraform, Consul, Vault, and Nomad.
- Work with multiple cloud platforms such as AWS, GCP, and Azure
- Interface directly with internal teams, users, and HashiCorp customers
- Be a part of a distributed team (we’re in North America and Europe)
You may be a good fit if:
- You have experience with a front-end technology (Ember, Angular, React, etc).
- You are familiar with microservices architectures
What is our hiring process like?
- Introductory Call with someone from our recruiting team.
- First Interview with the Engineering Manager
- Interview Loop with additional team members, with the following panel
- Technical Code Pairing interview with one of our engineers
- Code Review interview with one of our engineers
- Communication and Collaboration interview with another team member
- Conversational interview with a designer
The above serves as a basic outline, we might choose to add or remove steps based on the information that we gather during the process.
About the Application Process
Please note, as communication is a critical aspect of how we work, a cover letter is a great way to provide a sample of how you communicate. In your cover letter, describe why you’re interested in working at HashiCorp, and what draws you to this role in particular.
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.