We’d love to put your mind at ease while looking for a new opportunity during a pandemic.
Read about how we’re supporting #TeamThinkific during COVID-19 and how we’ve transitioned to working remotely.
**This role is for someone living in Canada who wants to join our fast-growing engineering team but does not wish to relocate. We are looking to expand the Thinkific team beyond Vancouver to reach awesome candidates across Canada. Please only apply if you are legally able to work in Canada and are comfortable working remotely.**
Are you an experienced Front End Engineer looking for new challenges? Do you get excited about designing user experiences with consideration for performance and accessibility standards? Does the idea of joining a rapidly growing tech company excite you? If this sounds like you, read on!
As a Senior Front End Engineer, you’ll work closely with our product managers, designers, and other engineers to improve our existing product and explore alternatives for new features. You must be an expert at soliciting, receiving and synthesizing feedback. We have a highly engaged company that cares deeply about our customers—they will have a valid voice of reason in what you do.
In this role, you will:
- Deliver high-quality, consistent code based on user stories and prototypes
- Spec and plan out new features with our Product Managers, Designers, and Lead Software Engineers
- Triage and fix bugs in our existing codebase
- Code review the code of your fellow engineers
- Work in migrations of existing code to React
- Participate in knowledge sharing activities with colleagues and provide mentorship for others
To be successful in this role, you must:
- Have 5+ years of experience in a front-end development role
- Have at least 1+ year of experience working remotely for a SaaS/tech company
- Demonstrate a strong technical and practical understanding of web technologies in general
- Be proficient with CSS processors such as PostCSS, Sass, or Less and build tools such as Webpack
- Showcase the ability to implement pixel-perfect designs while maintaining stylistic consistency
- Have experience writing tests using testing frameworks
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills—you’re equally as comfortable speaking to marketing about your work as you are writing post-mortems after the completion of a project or feature launch
You might be the person we’re looking for if you:
- Are eager to learn and grow—you’ve likely attended post-secondary education, continue to seek opportunities to level up your skills or have equivalent professional experience in a similar role
- Believe that better solutions are achieved via collaboration rather than independently
- Read our How we build at Thinkific blog and are excited about how we work, Blue Sky Week and the challenges we are solving for our customers
- Are driven to continually improve by investing time in learning about new technologies or working on your own projects
- Feel more than simply “organized, with attention to detail”. You’ll have a lot of responsibility and also autonomy—no one will be looking over your shoulder to be sure you’ve got it right! A keen eye for detail is key in everything you do—quality over quantity is the name of the game.
Bonus points if you:
- Have exposure to or are comfortable using Ember.js, Angular and/or Vue.js
- Have experience or interest in optimizing learning experience for users
- Previously worked building component libraries/design systems
- Have worked with GraphQL, Ruby on Rails and/or Go
- Care about accessibility and believe it’s a first-class concern
- Have worked with PWA
- Worked on open-source projects or spoken at conferences in the past
We’re about the results of online learning and the people along the way! Thinkific is a software platform that enables entrepreneurs to create, market, sell, and deliver their own online courses.
Our mission is no less than to revolutionize the way people learn and earn online by giving them the tools they need to turn their expertise into a sustainable business that impacts both them and their audience. We believe in meaningful, innovative work: we’re building and expanding an incredible product that empowers course creators around the globe while working collaboratively to learn and succeed together. Together, we’ve served over 50,000 course creators and more than 25 million students, and these numbers are growing each day!
Why we think you’ll like working with us:
- Be part of a team of incredibly talented, passionate, and driven people focused on building and innovating on a best-in-class learning platform
- Make an impact with your work—each person has an equal opportunity to contribute to our goals and every day, we get to see how Thinkific is empowering both course creators and their students
- Join one of the fastest-growing companies in Canada and find opportunities to grow in your own career—offering advancement opportunities for our team members is important to us!
- Contribute to Thinkific’s award-winning culture—we’re one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures and a certified Great Place to Work!
- We offer competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision, and mental health coverage, and an Employee and Family Assistance Program to support the wellbeing of you and your family
- Whether you’re at our Vancouver HQ or working from home, you’ll have the opportunity to build meaningful relationships with Thinkers on your team and across the company through team-wide events, meet and greets with new team members, and regular social events
- Have fun with our team, even while we’re working remotely—join us for an online games session, virtual trivia and paint nights, at-home fitness challenges, or even an online coffee brewing demo!
- Get additional health and wellness support through a lifestyle or health spending account to put your dollars where you need it most, whether that’s subsidizing your gym membership, covering out-of-pocket expenses, or getting new gear
- Enjoy our open vacation policy and flexible work environment, because we know the importance of having a great work-life balance (and sometimes, you do your best work in slippers)
- Learn and Grow is one of our values and we take it seriously, providing opportunities through lunch and learns, training, workshops, mentorship, and our $1500 education allowance
- Grow your career AND your family at Thinkific—you’ll be taken care of with our parental leave top-ups as you add to your family
- Meet the many @dogsofthinkific (and yes, they’re as cute and cuddly as they look)
- Work with the hardware you’re most comfortable with, and upgrade or replace your system when you need to with our technology bonus
- Get set up for success, whether that’s at the office or at home. Whether you need a monitor, laptop stand, keyboard, mouse, or even a desk, we’ll work to ensure you have what you need to do your best work
- Be confident bringing your whole self to work—we’re proud to be an inclusive company with a diverse team and values grounded in ethics and equality
- Here at Thinkific, we know that the different perspectives on our team have led to amazing ideas, more innovation, and, ultimately, our success as a company. Our team welcomes applicants of all backgrounds, experiences, beliefs, identities, and statuses. Whoever you are—we can’t wait to meet you!