We believe in having a transparent hiring process to provide a fair and inclusive experience to all our candidates.
Our team is dedicated to ensuring you have a great candidate experience, and that starts with outlining our hiring process from start to finish so you know what to expect every step of the way (no surprises!)—click here to learn more!
Are you an experienced Full Stack Engineer looking to make an impact on a company in high-growth stage? Do you feel a sense of fulfillment when providing mentorship to your peers and helping them learn and grow? You’ve been part of high growth in SaaS before and are looking for somewhere exciting to make an impact again. You’ll find that at Thinkific!
What does Thinkific do?
Thinkific is a software platform that enables entrepreneurs to create, market, sell, and deliver their online courses. Following our successful IPO, we’re still growing quickly and adding to our team of 400+ Thinkers while building one of the Best Workplaces in Canada! Each day, we get to see how Thinkific is empowering over 50,000 course creators and their students. Join us as our next Senior Full Stack Engineer to innovate on a best-in-class learning platform and make a real impact with your work!
So, how will you make an impact?
- Be fanatical about customer service: you’ll lead medium-large feature projects in our agile environment, utilizing User Stories to deliver quality code that supports the experience of our course creators
- Learn and grow: you’ll work with your team to conduct new technology research, bring fresh ideas and concepts to bear on product development
- Be helpful: you’ll be part of an on-call rotation (a few times per quarter) for our product and effectively troubleshoot problems within the Thinkific platform
- Succeed together: you’ll share knowledge with others through mentorship, clear documentation, code reviews, pair programming, and training sessions
- You’ll live up to the rest of our core values by choosing ethics and integrity, striving for equality, passionately debating, and giving a shit!
To be successful in this role, here’s what you bring to the table:
- 5+ years in a full stack development role, and at least 1+ years of recent experience working in a SaaS environment
- Experience with providing mentorship to others and making a difference in their learning
- You’ll join one of the fastest-growing companies in Canada and grow in your own career—offering advancement opportunities for our team members is important to us!
- You’ll get to make a positive impact on the lives of course creators and their students every day
- You’ll enjoy our open vacation policy and flexible work environment, because we know the importance of having a great work-life balance (our Thinkers use an average of 5-6 weeks each year to recharge!)
- We offer competitive salaries, stock options, a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision, and mental health coverage, and an Employee and Family Assistance Program to support the wellbeing of you and your family
- Learn and Grow is one of our values and we take it seriously, providing opportunities through lunch and learns, training, workshops, mentorship, and our baseline $1500 education allowance
- We’re proud to be an inclusive company with a diverse team and values grounded in ethics and equality–our team welcomes applicants of all backgrounds, beliefs, identities and statuses, so you’ll be confident bringing your whole self to work
We’re about the results of online learning and the people along the way! Thinkific is a software platform that enables entrepreneurs to create, market, sell, and deliver their own online courses.
Our mission is no less than to revolutionize the way people learn and earn online by giving them the tools they need to turn their expertise into a sustainable business that impacts both them and their audience. We believe in meaningful, innovative work: we’re building and expanding an incredible product that empowers course creators around the globe while working collaboratively to learn and succeed together. Together, we’ve served over 50,000 course creators and more than 25 million students, and these numbers are growing each day!
Why we think you’ll like working with us:
- Be part of a team of incredibly talented, passionate, and driven people focused on building and innovating on a best-in-class learning platform
- Make an impact with your work—each person has an equal opportunity to contribute to our goals and every day, we get to see how Thinkific is empowering both course creators and their students
- Join one of the fastest-growing companies in Canada and find opportunities to grow in your own career—offering advancement opportunities for our team members is important to us!
- Contribute to Thinkific’s award-winning culture—we’re one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures and a certified Great Place to Work!
- We offer competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision, and mental health coverage, and an Employee and Family Assistance Program to support the wellbeing of you and your family
- Whether you’re at our Vancouver HQ or working from home, you’ll have the opportunity to build meaningful relationships with Thinkers on your team and across the company through team-wide events, meet and greets with new team members, and regular social events
- Have fun with our team, even while we’re working remotely—join us for an online games session, virtual trivia and paint nights, at-home fitness challenges, or even an online coffee brewing demo!
- Get additional health and wellness support through a lifestyle or health spending account to put your dollars where you need it most, whether that’s subsidizing your gym membership, covering out-of-pocket expenses, or getting new gear
- Enjoy our open vacation policy and flexible work environment, because we know the importance of having a great work-life balance (and sometimes, you do your best work in slippers)
- Learn and Grow is one of our values and we take it seriously, providing opportunities through lunch and learns, training, workshops, mentorship, and our $1500 education allowance
- Grow your career AND your family at Thinkific—you’ll be taken care of with our parental leave top-ups as you add to your family
- Meet the many @dogsofthinkific (and yes, they’re as cute and cuddly as they look)
- Work with the hardware you’re most comfortable with, and upgrade or replace your system when you need to with our technology bonus
- Get set up for success, whether that’s at the office or at home. Whether you need a monitor, laptop stand, keyboard, mouse, or even a desk, we’ll work to ensure you have what you need to do your best work
- Be confident bringing your whole self to work—we’re proud to be an inclusive company with a diverse team and values grounded in ethics and equality
- Here at Thinkific, we know that the different perspectives on our team have led to amazing ideas, more innovation, and, ultimately, our success as a company. Our team welcomes applicants of all backgrounds, experiences, beliefs, identities, and statuses. Whoever you are—we can’t wait to meet you!