Fracture is looking for a Senior Fullstack Engineer. But we don’t want our job posting to read like your normal job posting because Fracture is not your normal company. So stick with us for a minute…
We pride ourselves on the degree of autonomy that our Software Development and DevOps teams have. Technology stack selection, strategic development of systems architecture…you’re brought into those decisions from day one. And we don’t do things just because everyone else is doing them. 8 to 5 isn’t peak productivity time for everyone and we don’t expect you to force it just because it’s what your parents did. We have core working hours and let you work the rest of your schedule around them with your manager and team.
We’ve got company lunches, a company dog, and a beautiful modern office and manufacturing facility built around sustainability. And if you’re not local, we look forward to seeing your home office and/or choice virtual background during video meetings.
If you’re a Sr. Fullstack Engineer with around 7 years of software development experience who’s fun, driven, and maybe a little quirky like us, hit us up and we’ll see if you’d be a good fit!
Work Location: Remote -or- Alachua, FL
Work Eligibility: Must be eligible and authorized to legally work in the United States and not now or in the near future require sponsorship.
Reports to: Director of Software Development
What’s the gig?
- Use cutting-edge technologies, languages, and frameworks like NodeJS, Express, React, Python, Docker, REST, and GraphQL to produce public and private APIs, e-commerce experiences, internal dashboards, and complex applications built as microservices and microfrontends
- Develop both real-time and asynchronous applications, making use of event messaging, queuing, caching strategies, and API gateways
- Design data models and extend existing data models in both relational and NoSQL databases as appropriate to the project needs
- Develop and document both internal and external APIs, and you will build internal services to integrate with SaaS APIs
- Work with DevOps and other team leads to develop best practices for microservice development and cloud infrastructure for deployment
- Enhance and extend Fracture’s overall application level security posture for delivered software and infrastructure
- Mentor junior developers, while working collaboratively with other senior engineers
- At this level of seniority, the team will rely on your existing specialization where applicable across frontend, backend, full-stack, or DevOps
What’s it take to be successful?
Advanced to Expert skills, experience and/or understanding of:
- At least one frontend and one back-end framework
- Database concepts (indexing, normalization, schemas, etc), relational databases, NoSQL and document databases, memory-store databases
- Object-Oriented Programming (Polymorphism, Inheritance, Encapsulation, Classes, and Objects)
- Test Driven Development and testing frameworks (Jest, Mocha, Chai)
- Software architecture and design
- Agile principles at the organizational and software development levels
Intermediate skills, experience and/or understanding of:
- At least one Web Server (Nginx, Node, Apache)
- API documentation (OpenAPI 3.0)
- Build packages (Grunt, Gulp, Webpack)
- CSS Frameworks (Bulma, Bootstrap)
Required to be considered for this position:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field and 5+ years of experience in software development, or 7+ years of experience
- 3+ years of experience with microservice development and deployment
- 3+ years of experience with React, Vue, or Angular
- 2+ years of experience with Kubernetes and Docker
Who is Fracture?
Fracture’s mission is to help the world focus on moments that matter. Fracture glass prints allow you to print your images directly onto glass and have them shipped right to you in our innovative, low-waste packaging. Check it out at Fracture. We’ve sold over one million glass prints to customers in 130 countries, but this is just the beginning — we’re just scratching the surface of our potential. Our uniqueness stems from the fact that we actually design, engineer, and manufacture something tangible, 100% in-house. Real. That’s what we love about what we do.
We’re blending cutting edge E-commerce with lean manufacturing to make your favorite digital images become real. We do all this while focused on treading lightly on our planet and are dedicated to creating the smallest possible carbon footprint.