Disruptive Games is a veteran development studio specializing in multiplayer and online experiences. We are an independently owned studio working on a AAA, fully-funded title with original IP!
We’re expanding our fully-remote team with people who share our passion for collaborative, multiplayer gameplay.
As a Senior Game Designer at Disruptive Games, you’ll champion and set the bar of quality on specific game systems and features. You’ll act as an advisor to the lead designer and creative director, applying your expertise to make the best game possible within the specified design goals. You will pitch designs to the team, implement your ideas in-game, collaborate with other departments to realize your feature, tune them, and get them ready to ship.
What You’ll Do
- Conceive, design, script, prototype, iterate, validate, and improve game features while keeping them aligned with the overall vision for the game
- Present your designs and implement feedback provided by your lead
- Use Unreal Blueprint and other available tools to implement, tune, and debug your designs
- Adapt to technical and production constraints, reworking your design when and as often as needed
- Collaborate with other departments to integrate your features and ensure all needed resources are accounted for in the production schedule
- Share knowledge, maintain relevant documentation, and mentor junior designers
- Regularly play the game, providing constructive feedback to other members of the team
- Uphold our company values and participate in interviews to build out the design department
What You’ll Bring
- 5+ years of professional video game industry experience
- Completed at least two full product cycles on prominent game titles (PC and Console
- At least one shipped title using Unreal Blueprints or similar scripting tools
- Experience in Multiplayer/Online game development
- Strong knowledge of game design, design theory, and existing game mechanics
- Strong problem solving as well as problem identification skills
- Self-motivated and eager to contribute in many different areas of development
- Ability to learn new tools and workflows
- Ability to work autonomously and push features to completion while meeting deadlines
- Strong communication skills, especially in a remote work environment
- Avid Gamer, with a wealth of knowledge across a wide range of games and a passion for multiplayer games
- Computer science, engineering, mathematics, or related degree
- Fluency in C++ or C#
- Expertise in more than one design specialization field (e.g. AI, camera, characters, combat, 1st or 3rd person shooters, levels, open world, racing, roguelike, RPGs, simulation, systems, etc)
- Experience with Unreal Gameplay Ability System (GAS)
- Experience with vehicles
- Shipped at least 1 game with online features
- Experience supporting a live service title
Disruptive Games is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We recruit, interview, and hire people of all backgrounds, orientations, identities, and expressions.