Disruptive Games is a veteran development studio specializing in multiplayer and online experiences. We are an independently owned studio working on a AAA, fully-funded title with original IP!
We’re expanding our fully-remote team with people who share our passion for collaborative, multiplayer gameplay.
We’re looking for a Senior Game Engineer to join our team to help make exciting games and build cutting-edge technology. This position will require you to work closely with design and art to accomplish shared goals. Help us build great multiplayer systems and integrate AI, animation, physics, and gameplay for our upcoming title.
What You’ll Do
- Design and implement multiplayer gameplay systems with a high degree of polish in mind; enabling the creation of excellent game feel and driving that goal forward.
- Implement core systems with scalable patterns for creation of gameplay elements that enable the team to deliver on vision across all departments.
- Optimize gameplay systems for multiplayer games running on dedicated servers in Unreal Engine.
- Maintain and improve existing game systems, fixing bugs, and other needs as necessary.
- Provides time estimates to leads and management; keeps co-workers up-to-date on progress of programming work as well as non-programming feature dependencies.
- Participate in feature and code reviews; strong collaborator willing to accept and respond to critical feedback.
- Independently recognizes opportunities to improve our games, tools, engine or general workflow, and seeks to make these changes.
What You’ll Bring
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Proven portfolio of work showcasing experience working on creating polished gameplay experiences and feel
- Experience with multiplayer programming and client/server architecture, including techniques around prediction
- Independently recognizes opportunities to improve our games, tools, engine or general workflow, and seeks to make these changes
- Minimum of 1 shipped AAA game
- 5+ years working in the video game industry
- Excellent C++ knowledge and some knowledge of other languages (C#, Shells, etc)
- Strong math skills with emphasis on 3D math
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to iterate on features
- Avid gamer, with a passion for multiplayer games
- Professional experience with Unreal Engine strongly desired
- Experience with multi-threaded systems
- Experience building tools (in-engine or external) to support art and design
- Console development experience
- Experience as a team or group lead
Disruptive Games is a fully remote studio with employees all over the world. Regardless of where you live, we ensure you’re paid a fair market rate. Our salary offers are informed by market compensation data, which takes into account each positions unique job function and your location.
In the United States, the compensation range for this position is typically between $81,000 – $122,000 USD.
United States Employee Perks & Benefits
Health, vision, and dental insurance plans
Generous paid time off and holiday schedule
401(k) with matching contributions
New hire home office set up
Flexible work schedules
Incredible, collaborative team
Engaging virtual office environment
Disruptive Games is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We recruit, interview, and hire people of all backgrounds, orientations, identities, and expressions.