We believe in having a transparent hiring process to provide a fair and inclusive experience to all our candidates.
Our team is dedicated to ensuring you have a great candidate experience, and that starts with outlining our hiring process from start to finish so you know what to expect every step of the way (no surprises!)—click here to learn more!
Are you a passionate creative who draws people in with your designs? Are you able to tell a story and capture intrigue with the layouts you create? For you, it’s all about creating beautiful, purposeful designs that take into account conversion goals and drive business objectives. You know how to work collaboratively and are looking for a big challenge that holds big opportunities—and you’ll find that at Thinkific!
As the Senior Graphic Designer at Thinkific, you’ll be responsible for making people fall in love with Thinkific before they become a customer! You’ll help tell the story of our brand through pixel-perfect visuals, drive the development of cutting-edge work and contribute to the look and feel of our main Thinkific.com site. You’ll collaborate on a daily basis with other members of the marketing team and other departments in the company to assist with design needs across the organisation. You’ll act as a visual steward, innovating on the existing brand and continuing to promote visual excellence across the board!
In this role, you will:
- Conceptualize and implement elegant, user-centric design solutions from concept to completion (producing sketches, wireframes, storyboards, and layouts when required)
- Design landing pages and website designs, product launches, marketing campaigns, social content, paid ads, and more
- Create illustrated elements such as icons and diagrams
- Dive into customer insights and marketing research to develop visual designs that both stand out in the market and motivate customers to take action
- Research, test, and implement conversion-focused layouts and design elements
- Work closely with our Creative Director and creative team to continue establishing style guides, design best practices, and design systems to continue to stretch and elevate our visual brand identity
- Stay on top of design trends, with the ability to create current impactful, modern, and relevant designs that are applicable to a cross-section of our customer base
- Think holistically through design problems, coming back with solutions that are both beautiful and effective. We like designers who think, ask questions, and find better solutions!
- Share and review your designs based on peer feedback, user research, testing, and user feedback.
- Act as a collaborative member of the marketing team, fostering an open and inclusive environment, full of new, creative ideas for the entire marketing department
- Manage your own workflow and timeline to produce high quality work on time and on scope
To be successful in this role, you must:
- Have 6+ years of conversion-focused design work (with both print and digital projects to show in your portfolio), including designing responsive websites
- Demonstrate experience building award winning designs – you are a visual craftsman, and have awards or portfolio pieces to showcase your visual design capabilities
- Be fluent in Adobe software experience(Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop)
- Draw people in with your designs, being able to tell a story and capture intrigue with the layouts you create. You’re able to build beautiful designs while taking into account conversion goals and business objectives
- Be highly experienced building digital ads and digital landing pages that convert
- Be a self starter–you’re able to design and get going without defined solutions
- Be a strategic thinker— you’re able to look at a problem and work through design requirements while considering the big picture
- Be a creative powerhouse able to drive new campaign concepts, visual ideas, and design executions
- Iterate quickly and seek feedback throughout your creative process
- Live for the end customers, and your portfolio highlights your ability to adapt your designs to a specific customer base and to specific customer insights
- Feel that highly detailed doesn’t even begin to describe you–you’re able to design QA your own work, but also share your input to QA the work of others
- Know how to work collaboratively—you are willing to give and receive feedback to level up your skills and the quality of your work, as well as the work of your teammates
- You’re a skilled communicator and are able to articulate your approach and vision to stakeholders and non-creatives
You might be the person we’re looking for if you:
- Have experience working in a fast paced startup environment (bonus for SAAS or tech experience!)
- Have a solid understanding of good UX/UI/ Visual Design principles
- Have experience designing for mobile (familiarity with Google Material Design and responsive design)
- Have a very strong understanding of mobile and responsive web design
- Have experience building net new designs for different brand audiences. Your portfolio showcases different design styles and your ability to adapt your execution to a unique customer base
- Have experience building net new design systems and have either built the brand visuals for a company from scratch, or have been a key player in expanding the visual elements and features of an established brand
- Know how to run A/B experiments and are always striving to improve the effectiveness and usability of your designs
- Are a thoughtful and considerate communicator who thrives on sharing ideas
- Understand that great experiences come from collaborative decision-making with front-end developers, engineers, researchers, customer success, and other disciplines (we love design sprints!)
- Understand the importance of conversion rate optimization and have a passion for designing for conversion
- Have successfully created design systems and templates to improve designs and create efficiencies for your team. You know how important it is to build easy-to-use systems so non-designers on the team can implement your work
Bonus points if you:
- Have experience with Sketch
- Have animation experience
- Have experience with HTML5, SASS and JS
- Come from or have previously worked for a design agency
This is an incredible role for the right candidate. We can’t wait to meet you!
We’re about the results of online learning and the people along the way! Thinkific is a software platform that enables entrepreneurs to create, market, sell, and deliver their own online courses.
Our mission is no less than to revolutionize the way people learn and earn online by giving them the tools they need to turn their expertise into a sustainable business that impacts both them and their audience. We believe in meaningful, innovative work: we’re building and expanding an incredible product that empowers course creators around the globe while working collaboratively to learn and succeed together. Together, we’ve served over 50,000 course creators and more than 25 million students, and these numbers are growing each day!
Why we think you’ll like working with us:
- Be part of a team of incredibly talented, passionate, and driven people focused on building and innovating on a best-in-class learning platform
- Make an impact with your work—each person has an equal opportunity to contribute to our goals and every day, we get to see how Thinkific is empowering both course creators and their students
- Join one of the fastest-growing companies in Canada and find opportunities to grow in your own career—offering advancement opportunities for our team members is important to us!
- Contribute to Thinkific’s award-winning culture—we’re one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures and a certified Great Place to Work!
- We offer competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision, and mental health coverage, and an Employee and Family Assistance Program to support the wellbeing of you and your family
- Whether you’re at our Vancouver HQ or working from home, you’ll have the opportunity to build meaningful relationships with Thinkers on your team and across the company through team-wide events, meet and greets with new team members, and regular social events
- Have fun with our team, even while we’re working remotely—join us for an online games session, virtual trivia and paint nights, at-home fitness challenges, or even an online coffee brewing demo!
- Get additional health and wellness support through a lifestyle or health spending account to put your dollars where you need it most, whether that’s subsidizing your gym membership, covering out-of-pocket expenses, or getting new gear
- Enjoy our open vacation policy and flexible work environment, because we know the importance of having a great work-life balance (and sometimes, you do your best work in slippers)
- Learn and Grow is one of our values and we take it seriously, providing opportunities through lunch and learns, training, workshops, mentorship, and our $1500 education allowance
- Grow your career AND your family at Thinkific—you’ll be taken care of with our parental leave top-ups as you add to your family
- Meet the many @dogsofthinkific (and yes, they’re as cute and cuddly as they look)
- Work with the hardware you’re most comfortable with, and upgrade or replace your system when you need to with our technology bonus
- Get set up for success, whether that’s at the office or at home. Whether you need a monitor, laptop stand, keyboard, mouse, or even a desk, we’ll work to ensure you have what you need to do your best work
- Be confident bringing your whole self to work—we’re proud to be an inclusive company with a diverse team and values grounded in ethics and equality
- Here at Thinkific, we know that the different perspectives on our team have led to amazing ideas, more innovation, and, ultimately, our success as a company. Our team welcomes applicants of all backgrounds, experiences, beliefs, identities, and statuses. Whoever you are—we can’t wait to meet you!