A Y Combinator/Imagine K12 company, ClassDojo’s long-term goal is to give every child on Earth an education they love. The ClassDojo app is the #1 communication app for micro-communities of K-8 teachers, children and families globally; they use it to stay connected, sharing what’s happening through the school day through photos, videos, messages, and activities. The company is now helping kids get learning experiences they love, beyond school. Today, ClassDojo is used by 95% of pre K-8 schools in the US, as well as in a further 180 countries.
We’re looking for an experienced lifecycle/engagement marketing manager to build and execute our lifecycle strategy from scratch. This is a critical role where you’ll get to be the architect of our engagement communication strategies for all of our customer segments. (teachers, school leaders, and families) Every touch-point you create will reach tens of millions of users and significantly impact our customers’ experience. You’ll play an essential role in growing ClassDojo from where we are to our next major milestones: reaching 100 million+ active families and 100 million+ in revenue while deepening our brand love.
What you’ll do:
As our senior lifecycle growth marketing lead, you’ll help us grow ClassDojo to be the world’s most widely-used pre-K-8 product and the world’s most-loved consumer education brand for kids. You’ll do that by developing always-on lifecycle marketing campaigns across email, in-app, and push notification channels to increase activation, engagement, and retention. You’ll be responsible for developing an experimentation roadmap, executing it, and analyzing the results.
You’ll work with a team of product managers, data scientists, product marketers, growth marketers, and other cross-functional partners to hit our aggressive user and revenue growth goals.
If you’re an experienced lifecycle growth marketer and excited to roll up your sleeves to help us achieve our goals, we’d like to hear from you.
What you’ll bring:
- Lifecycle Marketing Leadership: You have experience building and executing successful lifecycle marketing strategies that drove significant user and revenue growth in previous jobs. You know how to think about users’ entire lifecycle and easily identify where to focus your efforts. You understand that managing users’ lifecycle doesn’t end with marketing channels and crosses across all customer touch-points, including product experience and customer support. You know how to connect all the dots to create high-quality customer journeys that drive growth. You have a strong understanding of growth models, strategies, and tactics. You know how to build compounding growth loops that fuel activation, engagement, and virality.
- Channel Expertise: You’re an expert in one or more of the following channels: email, push-notifications, in-app marketing modules. You have the technical expertise and experience to execute marketing campaigns end-to-end. You know how to craft compelling, multi-channel campaigns and best practices for each channel. You have experience using tools like Braze, Iterable, or BlueShift.
- Experimentation Experience: You have experience operating in a data-driven environment. You know how to go through hypothesize, build, launch, analyze, and iterate loop at a fast-pace.
- Structured Problem Solving Skills: You know how to work your way through complex problems. You can easily break a problem down into components, ask the right questions, and build a robust framework around the problem before diving into the solutions.
- Intellectual Curiosity: You are highly curious about start-ups, marketing, and technology. You continuously try to improve your knowledge and your craft. You always dig deeper and ask great questions to learn more about our users, our business, and our products.
What you’ll need:
- 6+years of growth marketing experience at a consumer brand, including building out lifecycle and engagement marketing campaigns.
- Strong understanding of growth models, strategies, and tactics.
- Advanced channel management skills and technical execution knowledge with email marketing, push notifications, and in-app marketing.
- Strong understanding of engagement, retention metrics, and campaign success metrics.
- Deep understanding of customers and the ability to turn insights into actionable experiments.
- Highly analytical with strong quantitative skills and comfort creating/refining hypotheses by exploring data.
- Experience with SQL encouraged or at least willingness to learn. Ability to partner closely with Data Science to set up and analyze experiments.
- Experience building or integrating with marketing technology tools, working closely with engineering and product.
- Strong grasp of growth strategy, including thinking in building and optimizing activation, engagement, and retention loops.
- Strong product intuition and business judgment, strong thought partner for the head of marketing, and other org leaders.
- Excellent written + verbal communication skills. Ability to articulate complex technical information to leadership and cross-functional partners on product/engineering teams.
- Structured problem-solving ability
- Works well in resource-constrained environments
- Moves faster than comfortable, an instigator.
- Experience growing consumer products internationally
- Experience with story-telling, copywriting and brand-building
ClassDojo’s mission is to bring communities together and help them create an education experience their children love. Founded in 2011 (ImagineK12 / Y Combinator) and based in San Francisco, California, ClassDojo started as a communication app: a simple way for teachers, families, and children to share the magic of the school day through photos, videos, and messages. It creates a close-knit classroom community and exciting, inspiring, and creative classrooms and homes for kids. We’re one of the fastest-growing education companies of all time, used and loved by tens of millions of teachers, families, and children in 90% of K-8 schools in the US and 180 other countries.
You can read more about our vision to change education from the ground up here: https://medium.com/@samchaudhary/https-medium-com-samchaudhary-how-to-change-education-from-the-ground-up-f82b8f3e4b95.
We believe focused, talented, non-hierarchical teams can achieve a surprising amount: https://blog.ycombinator.com/its-surprising-how-much-small-teams-can-get-done-sam-chaudhary-of-classdojo/. Our team is made up of engineers, designers, and educators from around the world, with deep backgrounds in education, as well as from leading consumer internet organizations like Instagram, Netflix, Dropbox, Uber, Y Combinator and more. We’re building a company that will transform education and one that is the kind of place we’ve all always wanted to work. We believe you’ll do the best work of your life here.
ClassDojo’s vision is to give every child on Earth an education they love. We strongly feel the best way to do this is to work with people from diverse backgrounds that truly reflect the world. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. In accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are happy to accommodate any disabilities or special needs. We hire both locally in San Francisco and distributed teammates around the world.
If you’re excited about having an impact on education at a massive scale, we’d love to hear from you.