Jama Software is passionate about improving innovation success. Numerous firsts for humanity in fields such as fuel cells, electrification, space, autonomous vehicles, surgical robotics, and more all rely on Jama Connect™ to minimize the risk of product failure, delays, cost overruns, compliance gaps, defects, and rework. Jama Connect™ uniquely builds Living Requirements™ that form the digital thread through siloed development, test and risk activities to provide end-to-end compliance, risk mitigation, and process improvement. Our rapidly growing customer base of more than 12.5 million users across 30 countries spans the automotive, medical device, life sciences, semiconductor, aerospace & defense, industrial manufacturing, financial services, and insurance industries.
The Senior HR Business Partner (HRBP) is a talent partner to leaders and managers across Jama Software, providing a depth of expertise on people and culture to enhance employee performance and engagement in support of the strategic objectives.
The Sr. HRBP serves as a leader and guide to Jama Software on employee relations, policy interpretation, and application, employee development, talent management, and organizational design. This role develops potential solutions to ensure employees have what they need to be highly successful in excellent management, and feel engaged with Jama Software’s culture in a globally distributed environment.
What You’ll Do:
- Build and develop manager acumen across all Jama Software leaders, educating on best practices in employee management and leadership. Engage as a thought-sharing and coaching partner, providing direction on employee relations and talent development matters, and provide mentorship on difficult conversations when it is appropriate to do so.
- Advise the business on change management, people strategies, effective leadership and management skills, learning and development processes, organization effectiveness, and policy interpretation and application.
- Provide leadership and guidance in the identification of development needs and opportunities for Jama employees, managers, and teams to ensure teammates continue to grow and evolve. Develop training recommendations and approaches in partnership with Performance & Development Specialist on organizational and team levels.
- Assess business needs and develop frameworks, plans, and recommendations for employee performance, coaching, and development approaches.
- Act as a change agent and collaborate with the cross-functional People team to develop, enhance, and launch people-facing initiatives that helps Jama retain and grow the best people.
- Manage strong relationships and partnerships with managers, acting as a trusted advisor. Develop equally strong and trusting relationships with teammates.
- Be responsible for employee relations issues within the business environment, providing coaching and direction to managers. Resolve sophisticated or sensitive employee issues concerning employee performance, behavior, grievances, and conflict resolution.
- Manage investigation protocols and processes. Conduct investigations of employee complaints, or violation of policies and procedures to maintain compliance with all local, state, and federal employment laws. Maintain records of employee relations cases.
- Recommend and draft new policies, procedures and practices to follow employment laws and align with Jama’s strategic goals. Ensure policies are up to date, partnering with Legal.
- Collaborate with managers to develop avenues for career mobility, succession plans, and talent management strategies that empower, develop, engage, and prepare their teams for the future.
- Partner with leadership to align HR strategy to business strategy. Evaluate issues, patterns, and trends to provide insights into developing HR strategies and programs to ensure Jama’s continued success.
- Provide guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning, and succession planning to support the business strategy.
What You’ll Bring:
- 8+ years of HR experience, including 4+HR business partnering experience in a remote global technology company.
- Experience and highly skilled in coaching employees and management through complex, difficult issues and investigations.
- Ability to assess employee population for gaps and develop needs and identify potential solutions.
- Experience with building trust and partnerships with managers and leaders across all levels of the organization.
- Ability to model and teach effective communication and coaching.
- In-depth knowledge of HR principles & practices including employment law and compliance requirements.
- Experience influencing others and collaborating cross-functionally. Strong ability and willingness to practice active listening and to calmly de-escalate frustration.
- Ability to exercise tact, and diplomacy to resolve confidential issues.
- Ability to understand and develop effective HR strategies while understanding the implications from a culture, business success, company practice, and legal standpoint.
- Ability to thrive in an ambiguous and constantly evolving environment.
- Skilled at balancing objectivity with empathy, and logic with creativity, to find the right solution for everyone involved.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills, taking initiative to seek internal and external resources when problem-solving.
Nice to Have:
- Knowledge of international employment law (EMEA).
- SHRM or HRCI certifications.
Perks and Benefits:
- Virtual first and culturally diverse work environment spanning 8 countries.
- Ambitious and fun work with a chance to define distinct, company-shaping tangible contributions.
- Flexible time off and leave programs crafted to meet the needs for your rejuvenation and extra support to cope with life events with a quarterly $75 wellness reimbursement.
- Comprehensive and affordable medical, dental and vision plans with pre-tax savings accounts and a generous 401(k) employer match.
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave to bond with your new family member.
- Emphasis on learning and development at all levels with a subscription to LinkedIn Learning.
If you get to this point, we hope you’re feeling excited about the job you just read. Even if you don’t feel that you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. Women, BIPOC, LGBTQ, and other under-represented groups are highly encouraged to apply. We’re eager to meet people that believe in Jama Software’s mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways – not just candidates who check all the boxes.
Jama Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, genetic information or that of their relatives, friends or associates or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable law.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request an accommodation.