Zocdoc is the tech company at the beginning of a better healthcare experience. Every day, we are driven by our mission to give power to the patient, building products and services that simplify and streamline the overall healthcare journey for patients and providers, delivering the modern healthcare experience they expect and deserve.
Healthcare moves slow. We move fast. Patients deserve speed and convenience.
Please be advised that the safety and health of our employees is our top priority. As such we will not require our teams to return to the offices until Labor Day 2021. Click here to read more about the decision.
Your Impact on our Mission
Zocdoc’s most important asset is our people. As an HR Business Partner, you will support employees and managers at Zocdoc in all things people-related. You will be an integral part of the People Operations team, seamlessly delivering all aspects of the employee experience to various client groups across the business. Your deep understanding of people development and building engagement will empower leadership to attract and maintain top talent.
You’ll enjoy this role if you…
- Are resilient and resourceful; you can work in the gray and navigate a constantly changing environment with ease
- Can work high and low, fluidly transitioning from being a part of strategy one moment to diving deep in details and working tactically in the next
- Are curious and ask the right questions to determine the root cause of issues
- Are comfortable with making trend-based decisions on a case-by-case basis at times
- Serious about your work, but not about yourself. Let’s face it – the way 2020 is going, you kind of need a sense of humor
Your day to day is…
- Proactively supporting managers and employees to make people-centric decisions while maintaining consistency across the organization
- Working side-by-side with other HR Business Partners and the broader People Operations team to deliver excellence in People programs, including performance management, talent development, compensation, and employee engagement
- Coaching managers on how to develop their team members, navigate employee relations issues, and apply Zocdoc practices and policies
- Owning employee changes (post-onboarding) and voluntary separation processes
- Providing support on key people initiatives such as diversity and inclusion, manager enablement and org design.
You’ll be successful in this role if you have…
- A proven record of effectively coaching managers as they navigate complex people situations; you act as a feedback whisperer to influence
- A high bar for all things talent-related, and you’re willing to stay-the-course when challenges arise
- Experience working with people at all levels across the organization, and you proactively work with partners to provide support when needed
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent with 8+ years experience in Human Resources
- A PHR and/or SHRM-CP or the willingness to obtain a certification
- Knowledge of HR policy and laws
- Unlimited PTO
- 100% paid employee health benefit options
- Parental leave
- Cell Phone reimbursement
- Commuter Benefits
- Convenient Soho location
Zocdoc is the country’s leading digital health marketplace that helps patients easily find and book the care they need. Each month, millions of patients use our free service to find nearby, in-network providers, compare choices based on verified patient reviews, and instantly book in-person or video visits online. Providers participate in Zocdoc’s Marketplace to reach new patients to grow their practice, fill their last-minute openings, and deliver a better healthcare experience. Founded in 2007 with a mission to give power to the patient, our work each day in pursuit of that mission is guided by our six core values. Zocdoc is a private company backed by some of the world’s leading investors, and we believe we’re still only scratching the surface of what we plan to accomplish.
Zocdoc is a mission-driven organization dedicated to building teams as diverse as the patients and providers we aim to serve. In the spirit of one of our core values – Together, Not Alone, we are a company that prides itself on being highly collaborative, and we believe that diverse perspectives, experiences and contributors make our community and our platform better. We’re an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. Applicants are considered for employment regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or any other class protected by applicable laws.