WellSaid Labs is looking to hire a full-stack engineer to help develop our web product.
We have developed a breakthrough AI algorithm that creates synthetic, realistic speech from text. You will help develop the creative studio powered by this algorithm, enabling creatives to make lifelike voice over for videos, audiobooks, and trainings. You’ll be responsible for owning the development of large features and components of our stack.
What you’ll do:
In this role, you will help develop and maintain one or more components of our Text-to-Speech service. This includes following design specifications, owning parts of larger engineering initiatives, and working both collaboratively as well as independently in a mature web codebase.
The projects you’ll undertake are geared toward bringing new functionality to the WellSaid Labs Studio. Working directly with our CTO and senior engineering team, you’ll be tasked with developing features that have high impact and visibility in our customers’ daily interactions with Studio.
Initially, you’ll help develop:
– A collaborative user interface for generating voice over
– A web-based audio editor
– A streamlined custom onboarding experience
Also, you’ll be challenged to:
– Find opportunities to mature our engineering processes
– Build an accessible and inclusive user experience
– Tackle challenges creatively and critically evaluate your work
– Help interview and recruit more talented engineers to WellSaid Labs!
Your perks and benefits:
- $170,000 to $190,000 salary range
- Full medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Vacation policy/paid time off
- Flexible schedules (Our 11 person team has 9 parents who support 4 babies and 6 doggos!)
- Remote-first company culture (We have employees in New York, Missouri, Texas, and Washington State!)
- Parental leave
- Learning & development stipend
What you’ll have:
- Experience with React (alternatively, Angular, Vue, or similar), Typescript (alternatively, Java, C#, or similar), and HTML/CSS
- Understanding of software design principles such as DRY, SoC, Dependency Injection, etc.
- Attention to creating modular, secure, and well-tested code
- Experience building and shipping end-to-end features to a sizable user base
- Working knowledge of computer science fundamentals like data structures and algorithms
- Ability to self-direct the planning and scoping for a project
- Strong communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- (Bonus) Experience with our tech stack which includes: NextJS, Node, GraphQL, PostgresSQL, Docker, Google Kubernetes Engine
- (Bonus) Experience with cross-team collaboration
What to expect from us:
Please apply and if the skills and values listed in this posting sound like you, Michael will reach out for an initial phone screen. After the phone screen, you’ll be invited to a technical Karat interview. We use Karat to evaluate software engineering fundamentals and to make the hiring process equitable. Lastly, we’ll ask you to do a final round of interviews with the team.
Is this role not an exact fit?
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to stay in touch, we’ll let you know when we have new positions on the team!
Who we are:
Our startup spun out from Paul Allen’s Institute for AI (AI2) in 2018, where we developed a state-of-the-art deep learning model that can read text in a completely human-like voice.
We firmly believe in AI for good. Creatives around the globe use Studio to create compelling employee training, design unique digital experiences, and narrate audiobooks. We enable creatives by putting high-tech, human parity technology into their hands, giving them the ability to add voice-over to any project and iterate with ease.
We have secured tens of millions of dollars in funding from top-tier VCs, and are looking to expand our team.
Our work has been featured in TechCrunch (1, 2, 3), GeekWire (1, 2, 3, 4, 5), CNN, MIT Technology Review, Venture Beat and we are one of three Seattle companies to make CB Insights’ list of the top 100 world’s most promising AI startups.
What we value:
AI for good. Technology should be empowering, engaging, and fair to all people. Through consent and transparency in data usage, we build secure systems that protect user privacy. We strive to hold ourselves accountable for the algorithms we deploy, and we uphold the principles of the Hippocratic Oath.
WellSaid Labs is honored to be an equal opportunity workplace. We realize that by bringing together teams rich in diverse thoughts and experiences, our people, company, and customers are free to flourish. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, creed, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation or gender identity), age, marital status, disability, military or veteran status; or any other protected classifications or characteristics under applicable local laws. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.