- Perform practical R&D and prototype new data capabilities that make existing features more intelligent or enable new classes of intelligent product features.
- Develop, expand, and steward information extraction and structured knowledge management systems to fully understand the semantic meaning and relationships within our data.
- Work with our Data Science & Analytics team to help successfully encapsulate statistical and machine learning models into services or modules our software engineering teams can easily integrate.
- Learn to effectively understand and deftly navigate the global compliance ecosystem (HIPAA, GDPR, etc.) to ensure your work respects the rights, regulations, and consent preferences of all stakeholders.
- Develop a deep understanding of the clinical ecosystem, our products, and our business and how they all uniquely interact to help people.
- 4+ years of experience successfully developing and deploying data products driven by machine learning, ideally in a space similar to ours (startup, healthcare, regulated data).
- Practical experience with one or more of the following: NLP, question answering systems, semantic search, recommender systems, probabilistic logic/inference, management and integration of clinical taxonomies and ontologies (e.g. UMLS, SNOMED-CT).
- Excellent programming skills in Clojure or Python and deep comfort with SQL.
- Comfort with cloud-based environments, particularly the AWS ecosystem.
- Solid analytical software testing, documentation, and debugging practices.
- Great communication skills and can work comfortably with technical and non-technical stakeholders to develop requirements.
- Advanced degree in computer science, machine learning, a similar field or commensurate relevant experience.
- Develop techniques to allow sites to better discover patients eligible for new and existing trials.
- Build systems which make recommendations to pharma sponsors on how to increase the success of their trials.
- Extract relevant information from unstructured data generated by clinical sites and integrate it into a product-oriented taxonomy.
- Pair on prototypes with our Data Science & Analytics team in a collaborative development environment (Nextjournal)
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive Salary and Stock Options Salary and stock options commensurate to your experience and expertise
- Remote First We have team members from around the United States and beyond and have a healthy and balanced remote work culture
- Flexible Hours Plan your workday as you wish, just give us the majority of your core, creative hours that coincide with that of your team
- Comprehensive Health/Wellness Coverage 100% premium coverage for you (and >50% for your dependents) for: Top-tier health plan (with option of HSA), Dental, Vision, Disability (short-term and long-term), Life insurance (for your entire tenure at Reify), 24/7 access to doctor by phone or online via telemedicine coverage
- Retirement Plan 401(k) plan with employer matching program
- Company-provided Workstation You will be issued a brand new MacBook Pro laptop
- Location Convenience & Transportation For employees who are local to Boston, and want to visit the office, we are located two blocks from Downtown Crossing. Free monthly T pass. Full suite of office accommodations provided by WeWork: unlimited coffee, infused water, and more
- Vacation and Holiday Flexibility Generous paid time-off policy that accrues with your tenure at Reify, which includes holiday flexibility and parental leave