To apply: please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Code for America believes government can work for the people, by the people, in the 21st century, and that government at all levels can and should work well for all people. For more than a decade, we’ve worked to show that with the mindful use of technology, we can break down barriers, meet community needs, and find real solutions.
Our employees and active community of volunteers build and transform government and community tools and services, making them so good they inspire change. We merge the best parts of technology, non-profit, and government to help support the people who need it most. With a focus on diversity, equity, inclusion, and deep empathy for our partners (government and community organizations) and the people that they serve, we’re building a movement of motivated change agents driven by meaningful results and lasting impact. At Code for America, you contribute to exciting work while learning and developing in a supportive and flexible environment. Our compensation and benefits are holistic and thoughtfully curated to represent our employees and our mission. Help us drive real generational change that lasts.
About the role:
Code for America is hiring a Senior Manager, Digital Marketing, reporting to our Director of Marketing, who is responsible for overseeing the marketing function at Code for America.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who has managed digital marketing in the past and is looking to take more ownership and drive decision-making by collaborating closely with both marketing and program teams to drive engagement and growth across Code for America’s owned platforms. You will be in charge of all acquisition marketing, managing the strategy, execution, and optimization across channels.
In this position you will:
- Drive how our digital campaigns are strategically, creatively and tactically linked across marketing touchpoints and how they deliver to the world
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop a cohesive narrative and strategy
- Develop a go-to-market plan that spans across the web, email, social, paid, earned media, programs, and partnerships for all initiatives (beyond social-only) to reach/engage new and existing audiences effectively
- Design, implement, optimize and report on digital advertising strategies to drive brand and progman-specific KPIs
- Have a passion for architecting compelling campaigns and brand stories that speak to the target audience and center the experiences and voices of those most marginalized
- Use data to analyze the effectiveness of marketing campaigns and find optimizations as well as new opportunities
- Lead the management and maintenance of our social media presence across platforms, including the creation of paid and organic campaigns
- Tackle complex and ambiguous problems with a strategic mindset; create thoughtful and tactical action plans for solving those problems
- Own the email and social calendars scheduling & production process from end-to-end, including scheduling & maintaining the overall campaign calendar and requesting/QA’ing/deploying campaigns for stakeholders
- Work collaboratively, across teams to produce, schedule, and deploy best-in-class email campaigns
- Follow QA protocol to confirm the email campaign has correct elements (e.g., subject line, copy, links, etc.) with 100% accuracy before scheduling send
We’re looking for someone who has:
- A passion for the mission of Code for America
- A strong advocate for equity, inclusion, and uplifting marginalized voices
- 5+ years of experience in consumer marketing, digital marketing or program marketing
- A proven track record of successfully managing integrated, cross-functional, sophisticated brand and product campaigns from scratch
- Experience inspiring creative thinking and leading cross-functional teams to successful outcomes
- Experience in media planning and buying, lead generation and acquisition strategies
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills, and flexible marketing writing skills with the ability to write concise briefs, web/email/ad copy, etc.
- Strong project management skills and ability to manage input and feedback from multiple stakeholders
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment; consumer brand and/or startup experience a plus
- Ability to tackle complex problems with a strategic mindset and a thoughtful, creative, proactive approach
- In-depth knowledge in ESP (Email Service Provider) or Marketing Automation platforms (e.g., Hubspot, Marketo, Mailchimp)
- Versatile, able to be self-directed, get stuff done and work in a dynamic startup environment
- A proactive approach to projects, no task is too small
- Experience with government technology procurement
- Experience advancing equity within an organization
- Experience working with a social impact-focused product team
- Experience working in or closely with government
- Understanding of financial management and budgets
- Experience with agile product development and working in iterative planning cycles
- Written and verbal fluency in Spanish
What you’ll get:
- Full benefits package with 100% coverage towards select medical, dental, and vision plans and contributes 80% of the cost towards dependent and family coverage
- 401k plan with matching funds
- A collaborative, hardworking, and fun environment
- Leadership and teammates who value Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity
- Professional development includes a bi-annual 360 review process and a $1000 annual budget
- A manager and org-wide structure that supports and enables professional development
- Compensation: Code for America’s salary bands are transparent internally as a part of our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We extend this to our hiring process. This role at this level is ranged from $102,000 to $138,000 in yearly salary. As a part of our equitable hiring practices, we target the median for all new hires. The median for this role is $115,500. These ranges and the target are for the San Francisco/ Bay Area market and may be adjusted for cost of living differential if located outside of a major metropolitan area/city.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Code for America values a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace and strongly encourages women, people of color, LGBTQ+ folks, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply. Code for America is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.