Senior Manager, Financial Reporting
Weedmaps is seeking a Senior Manager, Financial Reporting. The Senior Manager, Financial Reporting will play a critical role in managing the company’s SEC financial reporting and technical accounting processes. This role is responsible for managing the company’s SEC filings, including gathering supporting documents and working with cross-functional teams on filing documents, including addressing comments and managing drafts and revisions. This role will be responsible for performing technical accounting research, analyzing the impact to the financial statements and disclosures, and communicating findings and conclusions on white papers.
The impact you’ll make:
- Prepare and review the financial information and disclosures included in the company’s SEC filings (10-Qs, 10-Ks, earnings releases, proxy statement, etc.).
- Manage the process of gathering, preparing, and reviewing schedules to support financial statement disclosures and prepare disclosure checklists.
- Manage filing documents in Workiva and oversee XBRL.
- Prepare and review quarterly earnings materials.
- Monitor changes in U.S. GAAP and SEC requirements to ensure accounting policies and financial reporting are in compliance.
- Research technical accounting matters and document positions, assessments and conclusions on white papers.
- Manage the accounting and disclosure requirements related to the company’s stock-based compensation plans, including recording and reporting of stock-based compensation expenses and preparing financial statement disclosures.
- Assist with SOX implementations and compliance.
- Assist in developing, documenting, and maintaining the company’s accounting policies.
- Work with external auditors to provide analysis and required audit and review documentations.
What you’ve accomplished:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum of 8 years of public accounting and/or public company experience
- High level of competence and proficiency in U.S. GAAP and financial reporting
- Experience with SEC reporting
- Experience with share-based compensation
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills
- Process oriented with significant attention to detail
- Workiva experience
- Knowledge of design and execution of internal controls
- Certified Public Accountant
- 100% paid employee monthly Medical, Dental and Vision premiums AND 80% paid dependent monthly premiums
- HMO (California residents only) and PPO option offered through United Healthcare
- Company-paid $50,000 in Basic Life/AD&D (Accidental Death and Dismemberment) coverage
- 401(k) Retirement Plan: 100% match on the first 1%. 50% match from 2-6% of employee contributions
- 3 weeks PTO (accrued) and 5 sick days (immediate)
- Supplemental, voluntary benefits
- Kindbody (family planning/fertility) including up to $10,000 towards cash-pay services
- Goodly (Student Loan Repayment/529 Education Savings) including a company contribution of up to $1,000/year
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical, Dependent, Transit and Parking)
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Critical Illness
- Accident Insurance
- Short- and long-term disability
- Pet Insurance
- Paid parental leave
- During current work-from-home:
- Reimbursements for home office setup and monthly WiFi
- 11 company-paid holidays
- Catered lunch and snacks provided while working in the office
- Snack boxes sent straight to your door during work-from-home
- Casual work environment, read no fancy clothes required, but you are free to dress to the nines!
- Monthly virtual happy hours
- Quarterly all-hands meetings
Weedmaps is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. We are looking for the smartest and most passionate people who want to join our team and develop the services, systems, and marketplaces that will serve the marijuana industry in the decades to come. Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Applicants may be entitled to reasonable accommodations under the terms of the ADA and state/local laws. Please inform us if you need assistance participating in the interview process.
Founded in 2008, WM Technology is a leading technology and software infrastructure provider to the cannabis industry, comprising a B2C platform, Weedmaps, and B2B software, WM Business. The cloud-based SaaS solutions from WM Business provide an end-to-end operating system for cannabis retailers. WM Business’ tools support compliance with the complex, disparate, and constantly evolving regulations applicable to the cannabis industry. Through its website and mobile apps, WM Technology provides consumers with the latest information about cannabis retailers, brands, and products, facilitating product discovery and driving engagement with our retail and brand customers.
WM Technology holds a strong belief in the power of cannabis and the importance of enabling safe, legal access to consumers worldwide. Since inception, WM Technology has worked tirelessly, not only to become the most comprehensive platform for consumers, but to build the software solutions that power businesses compliantly in the space, to advocate for legalization, social equity, and licensing in many jurisdictions, and to facilitate further learning through partnering with subject matter experts on providing detailed, accurate information about the plant.
Headquartered in Irvine, California, WM Technology supports remote work for all eligible employees. Visit us at www.weedmaps.com.