HubSpot is a rapidly growing publicly traded Software as a Services (SaaS) company that has organically grown revenue from just under $100 million at the time of our IPO to projected revenue of more than $1.2 billion in 2021 and nearly 114,000 customers as of Q1’21. With top-line growth, international expansion, and increased customer count that will happen for years to come, we are looking to fill our newly created Senior Manager, Global Indirect Tax role to ensure that HubSpot remains compliant with our global indirect tax obligations and to help transform HubSpot’s global indirect tax function.
Are you looking to join a dynamic and growing tax team that manages the ever-changing indirect tax regulations with the cutting-edge digital economy? The Senior Manager, Global Indirect Tax is an exciting and challenging role in a fast-paced tax department. The position will have responsibility for all operational aspects of indirect tax, including VAT and GST etc. throughout the more than 120 countries in which HubSpot does business and US sales and use tax across all 50 states. The position is responsible for ensuring accurate and timely reporting and compliance of HubSpot’s global indirect taxes. Additionally, the position will be responsible for monitoring global indirect tax legislative developments including: VAT on remote sellers, complexities around changing VAT and GST regulations and rates, new registration requirements, etc. This position will also be responsible for monitoring and ensuring compliance with e-Invoicing requirements as more and more countries around the world add real-time governmental tax compliance oversight to customer billings.
In this role you’ll
- Work with software programmers related to tax calculations in a home-grown billing environment to ensure the accurate calculation, presentation, collection, and payment of indirect taxes
- Manage indirect tax filings of our non-US and US subsidiaries and work with third party service providers to prepare filings.
- Identify areas of process improvement and drive the overall strategy with regards to the management of HubSpot’s indirect taxes
- Maintain non-US and US indirect tax compliance.
- Maintain SOX compliance and key controls
- Monitor the non-US and US indirect taxability of SaaS products and ensure that HubSpot maintains compliance in all jurisdictions.
- Reconcile non-US and US indirect tax accounts on a monthly basis.
- Manage non-US and US indirect tax registrations for expansion into new jurisdictions and/or for jurisdictions with new rules.
- Manage voluntary disclosure agreements (VDA) if noncompliance is found
- Manage any non-US and US indirect tax audits.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting and CPA or Chartered Accountant are required
- Advanced degree in relevant discipline is preferred (e.g., JD/LLM, or Master’s in Taxation)
- Experience managing indirect tax compliance requirements and related processes for a large multinational company. Experience with Saas is a plus.
- Strong technical knowledge in domestic and indirect taxes in both mature and developing jurisdictions and knowledge of evolving e-Invoicing rules around the globe.
- Experience with indirect tax engines (e.g., Avalara) and ERP systems (e.g., NetSuite) and working with product engineers to develop and configure new functionality to adapt these indirect tax engines and ERP systems to comply with changes to indirect tax regulations
- Willingness to roll-up your sleeves when work needs to get done
- Self-driven, self-starter, goal oriented, and someone who can work independently to identify process improvements and implement
- Strong oral and written skills and the ability to communicate
- Ability to research issues, document conclusions, and communicate findings in a way that non-tax professionals can easily understand
- Ability to work well with others, including as part of cross-functional teams and locations
- Must embrace technology; computer skills and Microsoft Excel proficiency must be second nature
HubSpot (NYSE: HUBS) is a leading customer relationship management (CRM) platform that provides software and support to help businesses grow better. We build marketing, sales, service, and website management products that start free and scale to meet our customers’ needs at any stage of growth. We’re also building a company culture that empowers people to do their best work. If that sounds like something you’d like to be part of, we’d love to hear from you.
You can find out more about our company culture in the HubSpot Culture Code, which has more than 5M views, and learn about our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, too. Thanks to the work of every employee globally, HubSpot was named the #4 Best Place to Work on Glassdoor in 2021, and has been recognized for award-winning culture by Great Place to Work, Comparably, Fortune, Entrepreneur, Inc., and more.
Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, HubSpot was founded in 2006. Today, thousands of employees work across the globe in HubSpot offices and remotely. Visit our careers website to learn more about culture and opportunities at HubSpot.
By submitting your application, you agree that HubSpot may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. HubSpot’s Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, our purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over HubSpot’s use of your personal information.