Senior Manager Infrastructure and Operations – Remote or In Office (UT, PA, CA)
Nav is democratizing small business financing. In other words, we give small business owners access and control. Yes, this challenges the norm, but it means working with curious, purpose driven, dedicated, and inquisitively smart people who push themselves, our company and the community to the next level (and every level after that). We are the people behind the tech. And when it’s good, we look for better. We don’t over think the value we bring nor spend time trying to revamp mantras. We also do not come up with some crafty way to tell you who we are and what we offer. We are Nav! Here, you’ll gain a wealth of experience, learn the tricks of the trade, and work with winners. All companies say people are connected to their mission but in our case our mission and our people are one – it is a way of being not just a cause you are committed to. And since 2013, Nav has holistically and organically developed its own ideology because Nav can only be Nav.
This role is responsible for infrastructure, cybersecurity, and all operations used to enable business capabilities and services across the enterprise. As a key member of the senior engineering leadership team this role contributes to the development and execution of the enterprise wide IT strategy and is responsible for ensuring I&O strategy is fully aligned, positioning I&O to deliver compelling business value.
WHAT WE EMPOWER YOU WITH:
- Engaging with the technical teams to determine the most appropriate technical strategy and designs to meet business needs. Demonstrating broad solutions technical thought leadership, impacting significant technical direction, exerting influence outside of the immediate team and driving change.
- Building successful stakeholder relationships with other engineering and business leaders by developing a clear understanding of business needs, acting as a trusted advisor, and ensuring cost-effective delivery of I&O services to meet those needs.
- Operating a formal governance mechanism to establish and monitor effective controls for the processes and functions performed by I&O teams. Supports periodic reviews by internal audit, compliance teams and other risk-related functions as required.
- Providing strategic direction and oversight for the full life cycle of design, development, operation, and support of IT systems. Creating and aligning an I&O value map by linking targeted business outcomes with the future-state business capabilities required to achieve them.
- Developing the maturity of I&O to improve efficiency, deliver new innovations, and increase collaboration with other business areas (e.g., through Agile and DevOps).
- Building and leading great teams – attract top technical talent to build high performing teams with superior technical depth, outstanding customer relationship skills, and a career focus on the DevOps, Network, Storage, and Enterprise Architecture capabilities of AWS (technical and process).
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- Built domains of practice that foster expertise, collaboration, and technology, yielding bar raising outcomes Which as allowed you to scale with confidence, and enable continuous identification and proliferation of validated best practices.
- Provided direction to key stakeholders on what emerging technologies should be incorporated into I&O products and services to successfully deliver the overall strategy.
- Exceptional leadership skills, with the ability to develop and communicate an I&O vision that inspires and motivates staff and aligns with the IT and business strategy
- You are known in the ecosystem for your excellent analytical, strategic conceptual thinking, strategic planning, complex problem solving, and execution skills.
- You are a strong business leader and have great business acumen, and can help link your teams work to the company objectives.
- Expertise in establishing and improving DevOps, as well as other working practices (e.g., ITIL) as means to an end rather than necessarily being the ends themselves.
- You have operationalized the shared responsibility model for customers, enabling them to confidently and effectively manage risk at every level. You always look through the lens of security and quality being your top priorities in every aspect of the business.
- Visible IT Industry thought leadership on relevant topics related to cloud-based enterprise IT
WHO YOU ARE:
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset, with a bias towards user-centric innovation.
- You are comfortable operating on both strategic and tactical levels, simultaneously acting as an internal ambassador, educator, analyst, solutions architect, and implementer.
- You are constantly researching and assessing companies’ best practices through networking and strategic partnerships.
- You have an affinity for a hyper-growth business.
- You are flexible and respond quickly and positively to shifting demands and opportunities; ability to work under tight deadlines and plan, organize and carry out multiple, detailed tasks.
- You have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges.
INCLUSION AT NAV:
At Nav, we celebrate what makes our employees unique because the businesses we serve are progressively diverse and distinctly original. Navericks are diverse, side hustlers, immigrants, veterans, queer, and we push generational boundaries. We are college dropouts, PhDs, special needs parents, allies, pet owners and community leaders. Navericks are human. We are committed to upholding a safe, supportive environment where everyone matters. We are committed to making a better future for all of us. We have created a workplace where people of all backgrounds can express their identities authentically. To put it simply we want you to be proud to be you.
OUR COMPENSATION PHILOSOPHY IS SIMPLE BUT POWERFUL.
We believe great, enduring relationships are grounded in trust and transparency. Compensation shouldn’t be a distraction, and employees should understand how pay and career advancement decisions are made. Providing equal pay for equal work is table stakes for being a great place to work. Gender and ethnic inequity should only be something that our children read about in history books. We believe providing Navsters with company ownership, competitive pay, and a range of meaningful benefits is the start of creating a culture where people want to give the best they’ve got — not because they’re simply making money, but because they’ve fallen in love with our vision, mission, values, and team.
OUR IMPACT ON YOU:
Competitive Pay. Company Ownership. Unlimited Vacation. Benefits Day One. 6 Weeks Paid Parental Leave. Work From Anywhere (yes we were distributed before it was cool). Flexible Work Arrangements. Free Telehealth and Telemental Health For All Employees. Employee Networking and Events. Community Network Groups (women’s, PRIDE, culture). Meaningful Perks and Rewards. Learning and Development Opportunities.
A NAVERICK’S DNA:
- We look at the future and say “why not”; we see possibilities where others see problems or routines. We show the way ahead and are committed to achieving ambitious goals.
- We practice straight talk and listen generously to each other with empathy. We value different opinions and point of views. We ensure that we connect outside as well as inside to learn from others and inspire each other.
- We hold ourselves accountable for delivering results. We choose to not to be a victim of circumstance. We make decisions & take responsibility so that we can act & support each other, rather than adopting defensive, and “finger pointing” behaviors.
- As leaders, we motivate & engage our teams to undertake beyond what they originally thought possible, by developing our teams & creating the conditions for people to grow and empower themselves through enabling & coaching.