Senior Manager, Recruiting
Babylist is looking for a Senior Manager, Recruiting Operations to own recruitment at Babylist. Reporting to the Director of People, you’ll be responsible for the build out of our recruiting team in a time of tremendous growth. You’ll also manage a team of recruiters and develop strategies, processes, infrastructure and programs to support Babylist’s achievement of its growth and hiring goals. You’ll operationalize your expertise in DEI recruiting in everything we do and partner with senior leaders across the organization on setting a high bar for and attracting outstanding technical and non-technical talent. You’re a consummate people person and communicator with a high EQ – casual and kind, but direct, principled and organized.
What You’ll Do
- Configure a recruiting tech stack and process that supports recruiter efficiency and productivity
- Own recruiting metrics and regular monthly and quarterly reporting, using those metrics to make data driven decisions
- Motivate, grow and resource our recruiting team to achieve hitting ambitious headcount targets and their career goals
- Cultivate a recruiting operation that champions diversity, equity and inclusion at every stage
- Partner with the Director of People to benchmark and validate equitable and competitive compensation and benefits
- Own our referral program
- Elevate our talent brand in partnership with the Marketing team
Who You Are
- A partner and guide for hiring managers to assess talent and markets
- A project manager able to bring special projects from inception to completion
- A confident communicator who can establish new processes, provide appropriate documentation, and train stakeholders
- A people-first player-coach – able to excel in your craft and support and manage your team to do the same
- Experience recruiting technical talent
- Motivated by aligning people’s skills with the business opportunities that exist
- Ability to laugh at yourself and confidence to be yourself
What You’ve Done
- 8+ years of experience in Recruiting in people-first growth companies
- Participates in DEI communities or has a deep familiarity with the DEI recruiting landscape
- Experience managing teams of recruiters, sourcers and operations folks
At Babylist, we help expecting parents get exactly what they need for the arrival of their new baby. Founded in 2011, Babylist is a popular baby registry in the US. We serve millions of families every year to help them make the journey to parenthood less overwhelming and more fun. Families can add any item from any store, including products Babylist directly sells, to their registry, alongside meaningful gifts like babysitting and meals they can’t buy in stores. We have built a trust with parents all throughout the U.S. as their go to partner in planning for their new baby. Each month, millions of gifts are given from the platform by 700k+ loved ones.
The baby retail market is underserved and Babylist is well positioned to be the single iconic and trusted brand that helps new families through this monumental life stage. In the US alone, 4 million babies are born every year and we have over 1.5 million new families signing up to create a baby registry yearly. And with robust data analytics and business insights behind our core registry product, Babylist has seen 100% growth over the past 4 years. We have sustained profitability and are ready to grow the business.
Babylist’s headquarters are in Oakland, CA.
Why You Will Love Working at Babylist:
* We have a real impact on people’s lives
* We’re passionate about our users and we genuinely appreciate them
* We work at a sustainable pace for long-term success (yes, we’re profitable)
*We are growing and have meaningful opportunities for career advancement
* We’re a best-in-class technology and data-driven business
* We believe in autonomy and reward taking initiative
* We have smart, experienced leadership that is always open to new ideas
* Competitive pay
* 401(k), FSA plans and disability insurance
* Flexible, paid fully paid parental leave policy
* We work at a sustainable pace. In general we don’t work late or on weekends and most employees WFH every Wednesday.
If your experience is close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying. Experience comes in many forms – skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.