Air is a Creative Ops System for Marketers. Our product automates the mindless tasks that marketers do every day to manage content and unlocks creativity through image recognition, automated versioning, and approval workflows. We launched in March 2021 and have raised +$28M from world-class venture capital groups including Tiger Global, Headline Ventures, Lerer Hippeau, WndrCo, and Slack Ventures.
This role is for you if you have extensive experience shipping scalable server-side architecture and secure APIs. You’re used to collaborating with product managers, designers, and frontend engineers to prioritize and commit on product features. You’re excited about mentoring and growing junior members of the team, and you’re obsessed with building great products and teams.
- Strive for quality and efficiency in all phases of the development lifecycle both for yourself and others
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Designers, QA, and Frontend Engineers to build solutions which drive the value of our product forward.
- Advocate and deliver on architectural advancements which unlock new opportunities for the backend team and the overall product
- Mentor and support engineers on the backend in order to level the team up as a whole
- 6+ years experience with monoliths and microservices
- Understands the nuances of RESTful API design and values an API-first mindset
- Involvement with scaling a product and knows the challenges that brings
- Experience with eventing/messaging in a distributed system
- Utilized SQL and NoSQL technologies and understands the proper application of both
- Proven track record of evaluating and executing on deep architectural decisions
- Demonstrated capacity to clearly communicate on complex technical challenges and be able to propose solutions.
- Familiarity with some or all of the following technologies
Our company culture was built around a tireless pursuit to be the best at what we do. We’re entrepreneurial and focused: tackling problems head-on without ego. We communicate with empathy. We speak directly, listen thoughtfully, and ask questions. We previously worked out of a cozy warehouse in Brooklyn, but are currently distributed around the globe. This is a remote role.
Air contributes 90% to medical, dental, and vision insurance and 75% to dependent coverage. Employees also have life insurance, disability insurance, and membership to One Medical. We offer a generous work from home stipend, professional development reimbursement, and unlimited vacation days. Although we are still early stage, we are always seeking ways to invest in the long-term health, wellness, and continued education of our employees.
At Air, we believe that it takes a diversity of thought, culture, race, sexual orientation, and outlook to build a world-class business. We value unique contributions and welcome people of all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives to join us at Air.