Olo is seeking an experienced Senior Manager of Technical Accounting to help prepare and review complex customer contracts to determine the appropriate revenue recognition, focusing on multiple performance obligations, revenue allocations, preparing and determining stand-alone price analysis.
You will coordinate technical accounting research in other areas such as lease accounting, software capitalization, and equity transactions and will support the monthly close process, the quarterly and annual financial reporting (10Q and 10K) process, and Sarbanes-Oxley activities regarding essential controls associated with activities technical accounting team. You will report directly to the VP, Controller and will work with other functional areas as needed.
You can work remotely from anywhere in the U.S. or at Olo’s headquarters in NYC on the 82nd floor of One World Trade Center.
What You’ll Do
- Provide technical accounting guidance (US GAAP) to internal customers and prepare technical accounting position papers supporting conclusions reached
- Provide guidance and training to internal stakeholders on topics technical accounting team worked on
- Monitor and review the actual recording of revenue to ensure compliance with the issued technical accounting papers
- Assist with the analysis of contracts under revenue recognition and other US GAAP standards
- Perform key control activities identified for the relevant accounting areas
- Support the month-end close process
- Support the quarterly and annual financial statement disclosure process
- Assist in the coordination of annual audit and quarterly review activities of external auditors as needed
What We’ll Expect From You
- Strong technical accounting background with a knowledge of US GAAP, SOX 404 and SEC reporting standards, as well as experience with technical research
- B.A./B.S. Degree in Accounting
- 7+ years of combined Public and Private Industry accounting
- CPA certified
- Experience within a multinational business preferred
- Experience in SAAS Industry is a plus
Olo powers digital ordering and delivery programs that connect restaurant brands to the on-demand world, placing orders directly into the restaurant through all order origination points – from a brand’s own website or app, third-party marketplaces, social media platforms, smart speakers, and home assistants. Olo serves as the on-demand ordering and delivery platform for over 400 brands, such as Applebee’s, Checkers & Rally’s, Cheesecake Factory, Shake Shack and more. Learn more at www.olo.com.
Olo’s headquarters is located on the 82nd floor of One World Trade Center. In addition to our NYC cohort, over 65% of our team works remotely across the U.S. We offer great benefits, such as 20 days of Paid Time Off, fully paid health, dental and vision care premiums, company equity, a generous parental leave plan, and perks like team events. Check out our culture map: https://www.olo.com/images/culture.jpg.
We encourage you to apply!
We value diversity. At Olo, we know a diverse and inclusive team not only makes our products better, but our workplace better. Many groups are underrepresented across the tech sector and we are committed to doing our part to move the needle.
Olo is an equal opportunity employer and diversity is valued at our company. All applicants receive consideration for employment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you like what you read, hear, and/or know about Olo, and want to be a part of our team, please do not hesitate to apply! We are excited to hear from you!